50 mm Lowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 mm Lowering

Has anyone got on pictures of 50mm lowered?

On springs not coils?

Been paid so it might be time to get rid of some of the arch gap!

50mm just with springs is not a good idea, because you would kill your coils in no time
    If you want to lower your car only with springs the lowest option are 35mm.
    Pic of mine with 35mm springs:
    sideview
    frontview
    Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
    DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by Shiro View Post
      If you want to lower your car only with springs the lowest option are 35mm.
      I've found some springs with 45mm lowering here:
      http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfor...45mm-all-round

But 35mm looks great I think.

Comment

Ok, i just know 35mm springs in germany

Comment

no photos of 50mm lowered as mine is only 25mm (ish maybe a little more) lowered
          Mine (Eibach springs) was done more for handling, and must say it doesn't lean not even half as much, so happy
          Goes round corners a lot better

Didnt want it looking lowered, and the height difference is nice and subtle- you have to look close
          The really low motors do look good at the shows, but would be a nightmare over all the speed bumps round here
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

I've been desperate for mine doing for a while but the missus' drive way is on a hill and the front scrapes enough as it is !

Comment

Originally posted by Eaton_Swfc View Post
              I've been desperate for mine doing for a while but the missus' drive way is on a hill and the front scrapes enough as it is !
              Was worried about my house entrance too, and have to slow down to about 3mph to stop scraping the slight incline over the pavement and onto the driveway
              It even scraped before being lowered, if I took it at 10mph or so..... crunch LOL

And theres also 6 or so roads with loadsa speed bumps in Brighton that I avoid
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

I didn't have any problems with my 35mm springs, of course you have to drive sometimes very carefully, but even in Paris I drove with my little DS3

Comment

I have found the springs for 50mm just wondering wether its a good idea or not?

Comment

I was down 45 in the back and 55 on the front but on coil overs. A huge factor in you decision should be the conditions that you drive in.What are the roads like around you? Full of pot holes? It will be a harder ride. Do you drive up or down steep hills? Speed bumps? How big are the curbs? I get away with it because around me the roads are in good condition and no big curbs or speed bumps. I love the looks and sporty ride but one has to look at the practical things also and if I lived where Chris or Eaton did it would not be a good idea to lower it so much.
                    Originally posted by cyclone
                    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                    Originally posted by Broda
                    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

My roads aren't too bad and what pot holes are there I know of and dodge them already

Comment

Originally posted by JordanButler19 View Post
                        My roads aren't too bad and what pot holes are there I know of and dodge them already
                        Hey- but isnt it just worrying and a boneshaker when you hit a big pothole you just didnt see (At nightime)
                        Roads in this country are grim, especially this time of year.
                        Once the water turns to ice, then cracks the road up more, be even better in 2 months time

Happy days for a car
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Fair enough, never thought about it like that! however my friend has a stupidly low Polo R and does fine with that? When I say stupidly low he doesnt have helper springs in his coil overs which are wound as low as they go

Comment

BeforeI had the Bilstein Coilies I had 45mm all around and they were alright lol

stupidly low Polo R
                            That's a big shout lol

Comment

When I say stupidly low he doesnt have helper springs in his coil overs which are wound as low as they go
                              Bet that's a real comfy ride Ha! Me too old for real hardship
                              Good luck with yours
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X