Eye Lids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye Lids

Saw a post with a link to csr tuning just wonderd if there was anyone who has them and got them from another place preferably in the UK and already painted in the right shade of white for the Ds or in black?

Cheers in advance

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....-CSR-Body-Kits

you lucky dog WTF just got this going.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

To be honest the easiest way is with vinyl.

But I can speak to the UK stockists I know about the eye tops from CSR

This is my first DS3 with vinyl tops. Could be a lot less permanent than the tops that require gluing on.

My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Yeah found the csr ones but i popped over to a local vinyl/graphic places and there going to make and fit for a tenner so not to bad i dont think

Comment

Can i buy precut vinyl brows anywhere?
          http://www.autoweek.nl/verbruik/13739/citroen-ds3-e-hdi-90-so-chic-2011

Comment

My example of Black plastip headlight toppers

Although, alas, the reg plate has gone, there are now bonnet vents ;-)

Photo appears below for club members:

Last edited by Chris_Blue; 24-02-2015, 15:51.
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by kistigun View Post
              The only problem with this is getting the colour right to please everyone. I asked reforma at the weekend and for example there is about 30 different shades of black.

When I got my light tops done I got to choose which white we went with.
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by kistigun View Post
                You could just buy an A3 sheet of black vinyl off ebay and fit it yourself- only be £5 ish
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Interested to see how you go about this. I'm looking to get black on my black DS3 and have decided the actual eyelids to be too expensive and too much effort.

Would be great if there was some pre cut ones I could just slap on...

I've never had experience with cutting / applying vinyl so would be hesitant with this approach.

Comment

Three Tenors and Cyder

^ Pair of scissors and a pencil- piece of cake, honest

Buy the black vinyl, wait for a sunny day, shorts and sunglasses

Glass of cyder on the side, ice cubes in, decent music playing (Three tenors full blast)

Put the A4 black vinyl over the headlight and press for an indent, mark the indent with a pencil, cut and stick on

Or- Black plastidip, mask off with masking tape and newspaper, and spray
                    Don't put clear coat on

Peasy :cool:
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

I might have to look into the vinyl route!

Not sure about the cider and three tenors though

Comment

Basically sticky back plastic- if you mess it up, peel it off and try again
                        Credit card to apply smoothly

Maybe "God save the Queen" by the Sex Pistols, and a nice glass of red then :cool:
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

I've yet to have a close look around the light so this might be a silly question... but on the top (edge) side, should it stop just before the edge or should it wrap down over the edge a bit?

I might settle for a nice cold brewski and I'll spare you my musical suggestions haha. Waiting for a sunny day shouldn't be too hard though, still enjoying the remnants of summer in Aus :cool:

Comment

Post some pics up when you do it It's always good to have mini pictorial guides.
                            sigpic

Comment

Summers coming for UK

Originally posted by CPDS3 View Post
                              I've yet to have a close look around the light so this might be a silly question... but on the top (edge) side, should it stop just before the edge or should it wrap down over the edge a bit?

I might settle for a nice cold brewski and I'll spare you my musical suggestions haha. Waiting for a sunny day shouldn't be too hard though, still enjoying the remnants of summer in Aus :cool:
                              Just starting Spring over here, sunny days are starting and temps around 12deg c topping out about 15deg here on South Coast. Roll on summer

I wouldn't try curl the vinyl over the top edge of the headlight, but if the vinyl adhesive seems strong, then why not.
                              My tip would be to use a hairdryer on the vinyl first to make it all warm and plyable
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X