Lowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering

i've put these alloys on my ds3 there 16s does anyone know what mil lowering springs i need ?
    Using Tapatalk

Take a look at Marks thread - HERE

His is sitting low now, so might give you an idea. He's on coilovers not springs, but the pictures might help re height.
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

All comes down to how low do you want to go. springs are available with as little as 20front-10rear or I have seen as much as 50mm all around and everything in between and Coilovers will get you even lower than that but cost more to.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I've just recently changed to my second set of lowering springs (Vogtland from Eibach), so I can provide some pictures of both (and original) for comparison if that helps.
        The Vogtland are a bit lower, but gave less of a 'nose down' look which was what I was after in the swap.

I will get round to putting my Eibach in the For Sale section soon too, they were only on for two months!

I'll see if I can find some pictures now.....

Comment

Here are my comparison pictures.....

Standard:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	standard.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	359371

Eibach:

Name:	Eibach.jpg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	359372

Vogtland:

Name:	Vogtland.jpg
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	359373

I hope that's some help, sorry the pictures aren't great, best I could lay my hands on quickly.
          Let me know if there's anything else.
          Last edited by anthemtwins; 10-04-2015, 15:11. Reason: Forgot to comment after images!

Comment

Look like good comparison shots to me.

Do you know what mm drop each set is?
            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Both the Eibach and Vogtland Springs are quoted by the manufacturer as 30mm all round.
              However many sellers talk of the Eibach springs being 25mm front and 10-15mm rear.
              When ordering mine I thought there were two kits, I've since found out they have the same part number!
              In my experience the 25/10mm description is the most accurate one.

I spent quite some time looking into this, and wheel widths/offsets but couldn't find as much information as I'd of liked, so had to try it out for myself, luckily it's all gone well for me.

However I'm more than willing to provide any specific pictures/information that will help others where I can!

Comment

The Eibach parts list has them at 20/25 front 10 rear but the online catalog lists them as 30-30. Strange:confused:
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Ive got the Eibachs, and Jamie measured at about 30mm all round, after a couple months of settling
                  Would recommend lowering for the better handling, especially at speed, and a harder ride but quite acceptable
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by anthemtwins View Post
                    Both the Eibach and Vogtland Springs are quoted by the manufacturer as 30mm all round.
                    However many sellers talk of the Eibach springs being 25mm front and 10-15mm rear.
                    When ordering mine I thought there were two kits, I've since found out they have the same part number!
                    In my experience the 25/10mm description is the most accurate one.

I spent quite some time looking into this, and wheel widths/offsets but couldn't find as much information as I'd of liked, so had to try it out for myself, luckily it's all gone well for me.

However I'm more than willing to provide any specific pictures/information that will help others where I can!
                    Can I ask what aftermarket wheels those are?

Comment

Originally posted by RossB08 View Post
                      Can I ask what aftermarket wheels those are?
                      Yes, no problem.

My summer wheels (gloss black/Vogtland springs picture) are Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2, and my winter wheels (race black/Eibach springs picture) are Alutec Monster, both 18".

Comment

Originally posted by anthemtwins View Post
                        Yes, no problem.

My summer wheels (gloss black/Vogtland springs picture) are Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2, and my winter wheels (race black/Eibach springs picture) are Alutec Monster, both 18".
                        Nice one cheers, I'm thinking of upgrading the bellones at some point soon and really like the look of the alutec ones

Comment

I like the look of the DS3 on Eibachs
                          sigpic

Comment

Mine on 30mm Eibachs

sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

I'm at Lowest setting on Bilstein Coilovers, you'll be fine on any wheels even with my setup up to 19"

Comment

Working...
                              X