THP Cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THP Cooling

Turbo is getting ridiculously hot, not looking to spend a lot of money but want an effective method of cooling any ideas?

All turbos get ridiculously hot. Don't worry about it. It is water cooled. Would be more concerned with the valves coking up.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I think it's getting so hot the sensors are detecting over heating and cutting boost when I change gear at higher speeds

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
        I think it's getting so hot the sensors are detecting over heating and cutting boost when I change gear at higher speeds
        It is most likely something else I drive a very high speed, I live in Germany think autobahn and never have an issue with heat and the computer cutting power. Thp's have there issues but that is no one of them

Comment

What do you recon then? It happens when I give it everything, as soon as I change gear at higher speeds it goes flat, doesn't seem to have anything more, almost feels as if the engine has gone, then it comes back, it happens sometimes and other times I won't get an issue

Comment

Could be many things, carbon build up on valves, HPFP, diverter valve going, etc. bunch of stuff that will not throw a fault code at first only when it gets bad as car tries hard to compensate for the problems until it get so bad that it can't anymore.

Comment

Is what I'm describing common? Any home tests I can do?

Comment

commonly called hesitation and all to common

Comment

Just bought a Pipercross Airfilter, still open to any ideas on engine cooling that won't put a hole in my pocket

Comment

I noticed there's a blanking plate behind the engine? Is this needed? I could make a nice air flow through it with a bit of tinkering :redface:

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                      I noticed there's a blanking plate behind the engine? Is this needed? I could make a nice air flow through it with a bit of tinkering :redface:
                      Have a read through here Dave:

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....ght=hesitation

If this sounds similar to the issues you're experiencing, get it into the dealers to have a look at.

I doubt it's overheating causing the issues you've reported. Better to get it checked now than to be stranded at the roadside further down the line.
                      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Can you get a pic of this plate. Not sure what or where you mean.

Comment

THP Cooling

Think they mean the shield down the side of the radiator...
                          White on red THP
                          Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Yeah, the Aluminium shield on the electric fan frame, behind the radiator, how essential is it? Thinking of removing it or re machining it to direct air flow, haven't taken it off or had a look properly, anyone have an idea?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	359411Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	359412

Comment

Working...