After market 17" alloys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After market 17" alloys

Hi there, this is my first post and I don't have much technical knowledge of cars (yet), so be nice

I am nowhere near ordering my DS3, about 6 months because of finances, but I am set on getting one.

Whilst looking around at some little mods I will do I found a set of 17" alloys that I want to put on. The original alloys on the DSign are 16" and I read somewhere that you have to change the settings in the computer if you change alloy size up to 17". Is this true and do the dealers do it? and if so how much does it cost?

Thanks in advance,

Bucksgill
    Desperately wanting a DS3. Currently own a not so amazing blue 1.2L 2002 Renault Clio

I think that you'll find that the 17" alloys have a lower profile tyre than the 16" and the net effect is that the overall wheel/tyre diameter is pretty much the same....BUT rather than go to the expense of buying after-market 17" alloys why not talk to the dealer and get the Citroen ones fitted. I believe that the 17" black Bellone ones are available as an option (at the moment), But am sure that Bigfeet might be able to confirm this.

As far as I'm aware the Dsign DOES NOT come with 16" alloys....standard fitment is 16" steel wheels with "Nuclear" wheel covers. 16" Alloys are an extra @ £500 and the 17" Alloys come in @ £600.

Depending on what colour your looking at might be worth looking at the Black & White Special editions as they come with 17" Alloys as standard and are in my view much better value.
    Last edited by John S; 05-03-2011, 12:41.

Comment

The wheel son the DSign are steel 16", the DStyle and DSport have the alloys.

If you go for the DStyle then you can upgrade to the 17" alloys as part of your spec. If you are putting on aftermarket wheels as long as you make sure that match the rolling radius and you won't put the speedo out. There is no way to change setting in the computer for wheel sizes.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I found this it may be of intrest??? Citroen are offering a set of 4 17" alloys I can supply for £445.00 inc vat plus carriage, they dont come with center caps. carriage at most would be £60.00 but Ive just opened an account with a courier company so it may be less. Sorry I dont know how to post a picture but Ive got them under the same heading as this post. Hope this helps

Comment

I am also thinking about changing my current 16" alloys to the 17" bellone, speaking to J Nichol he advised that I would need to get the dealer to alter the settings in the ecu. Checked with my local dealer this morning and they said the same, and advised an approx cost of £50, could anyone else confirm this

Comment

If I am reading Biggies post correctly then this stuff about changing the ECU doesn't wash. I would have to agree with his observation that changing the wheel size so long as you keep the rolling radius the same then the speedo should remain accurate. I am looking at going to a set of 18" wheels and to offset this I intend to get tyres fitted with a lower profile than the existing ones.

Comment

Oh and by the way, welcome to the madhouse

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                The wheel son the DSign are steel 16", the DStyle and DSport have the alloys.
                And this is why I joined this forum, so I do not make a stupid mistake haha so thank you all already.

The 17" Black Bellone are still an option for me as I do like them, but depending on what I do I may get some other non-citroen alloys. Got so much to think about, but got a long time to do it.

Thanks again, I'm sure I'll be on here regularly asking for your expertise in the future.
                Desperately wanting a DS3. Currently own a not so amazing blue 1.2L 2002 Renault Clio

Comment

Re. Tyre sizes, there are on-line calculators around that will enable you to check which combination of wheel & tyre is right.. eg you enter the existing wheel size and tyre size then you can check what alternatives will give you an equivalent diameter. Try this site for example . http://www.alloywheelworld.co.uk/page.php/tyrecalc.html

An example might be..our C3 has 185/60 R15 tyres (on 15" rims)
                  an alternative might be 205/35 R18 tyres (on 18" rims)
                  Last edited by John S; 05-03-2011, 14:20.

Comment

Sorry to put a spanner in the works the 17 inch black bellone wheels are notorious for corrosion....A few members already have had their wheels exchanged.

Comment

I was referring to the on board computer which I though the OP was meaning.

Not sure about there being settings on the ECU for wheels (John N would know better than me) but as far I as I would say as long as the rolling radius is the same there should be no need for it.

Comment

I think that you need to put that "corrosion" into its proper context............it is minor affection the chrome finish around the centre cap, and with Citroen having to exchange wheel sets at their expense I'm pretty certain that they will find out why its happening and fix it, I really can't see ANY maker doing nothing about resolving why its happening and not finding a fix.

Comment

Have to say that the wheels on our is not doing this, and we have some pretty bad salted roads over winter.

Comment

My alloys are fine, i guess it doesnt affect all wheels

Comment

I'd Have Had The Bellones Too If They Did Them In Carmen Red... Gutted When I Found Out Ontly Black, Silver Or White...

Asheras Aint Too Bad Mind... They're Ok For Winter Wheels I Suppose...

Comment

Working...
                              X