200 bhp Diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 bhp Diesel

I was just wondering really if anyone has managed to reach the big 200 bhp in a diesel?

I know from reading through Zack's thread his 90 hdi is at about 170 bhp, so I was wondering if anyone had done a similar level of tuning on a 110 + hdi?

I am not aware of any but if your reaching for that level it does not mater if you start with a 90 or a 110. The inside parts are the same and will have to change all the outside go fast stuff either way.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

You could easily, most people don't tune the short engine which is the most important part, if you did that properly 200bhp would be easily done
      - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

Well I've been chatting to a tuning company about a similar set up to Zack's and they think 200 bhp is reachable. Just got to decide whether its worth the money!

Comment

All I'm going to say is SHORT ENGINE!
          - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

Beefing up the internals will just lays the groundwork for for staying alive at high power levels.

Comment

Put in a wild cam and the flywheel is really important, I used to use a calculation to make them myself, it effectively lightens the car something a lot of people don't fully understand and makes a HUGE difference and help balance out the modifications done on the short engine, Are you looking to bore the engine square?

@cyclone - Don't forget the huge performance gains probably the area you gain most
              Last edited by Broda; 26-05-2015, 21:23.
              - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

Flywheel and cams are not part of a short block engine assy. But yah lightening the rotational mass makes a huge diff at least petrol. Do not even pretend to think I know how to or want to tune a diesel or what the intended and unintended consequences of modifying stuff on them are
                Last edited by cyclone; 27-05-2015, 08:00.

Comment

My post got messy lol, I know they're not part of it just trying to help and it didn't make sense as I waned it too, still important parts though lol, never tuned a diesel either but assuming it's the same principles lol, sorry I was probably half paying attention when I posted the last one grrrrr my mistake!
                  - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

Working...
                  X