X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group buy - GSR Induction Kit

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
    Looks like a great fit!
    Yeah fitted quite well has its the trial one we did have to cut some off pipes to make it fit and there is one modification I've emailed Arthur about I'm really pleased with how it fits and looks and Jamie made a bracket up from cone filter to engine to stop it moving about
    Last edited by MARK.A; 29-05-2015, 18:58.
    http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
    2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
    DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Great!

Comment

A big thanks to Mark and SP Tuning for the test! You guys have done a great job of fitting it and even making a bracket for it!
        Mark has sent me all the details on what needs to be improved and during the following week I will work on it as well as see if something else could be done to get better gains.
        1 bhp "gain" is nothing. It just shows that the open cone and a smooth intake pipe compensate for the extra heat at the back of the engine bay. We are on a good path here with no losses, now just to add the gains...

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
          The price for the full HDI kit at retail is £180
          Jesus Christ...

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
            Jesus Christ...

LOL
            There's always the alternative of having a custom one made for you or buying a more expensive one from other manufacturers(not designed for Diesels yet).

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Ind...uct--1027.html
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Looks like you will need a cold air feed on these too. Have been watching the development. Will keep an eye out for further.

Not even sure where you could feed it from an a ds3 which may be your issue.
              C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

Remove fog light
                Add a long tube
                ???
                Profit
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Warranties!!

But yes, although that's a large tube to try and keep looking tidy.
                  C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

Yeah, I think Lawrence had a cold air feed from his right fog light?
                    My DS3R3... nearly....
                    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Den View Post
                      Warranties!!

But yes, although that's a large tube to try and keep looking tidy.
                      Plus, there isn't much clearance down that side of the engine, there's the rad and intercooler to contend with. I'm sure Torque7 will be able to sort something.

Mark's been in touch with Arthur recently with a couple of changes he's had to make to the kit to ensure it fit's so it's now back to them to make these changes and get another one out for testing.
                      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Group buy - GSR Induction Kit

You will be able to use the original cold feed pipe from behind the n/s headlight and Just extend it I'm in the process of sorting something out amongst loads of other things lol. That I'm doing to car before fcs .
                        Arthur from torque 7 has now modified the front pipe and has posted it out to me I did a detailed fitting guide with pictures soon has everything is right it will be posted up has a guide Just need to wait for this to come now has it takes around 4/5 days to get to me
                        2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

It's done It will be sent out later today. However there might not be any more gains from these changes. Jamie from SP explained something I vould not see remotedly - the actual turbo inlet is so tiny that you can feed as much air as you want, but it is still too restrictive. The only hope is the 110hp model where they have a revised turbo. That might expect more gain to be achieved.
                          As per the 90hp models there is not much to be improved more

Comment

Originally posted by Torque7 View Post
                            It's done It will be sent out later today. However there might not be any more gains from these changes. Jamie from SP explained something I vould not see remotedly - the actual turbo inlet is so tiny that you can feed as much air as you want, but it is still too restrictive. The only hope is the 110hp model where they have a revised turbo. That might expect more gain to be achieved.
                            As per the 90hp models there is not much to be improved more
                            Yeah Jamie is right the Turbo narrows down quite a lot inside. But we will just have to wait and see

Comment

Is this the same on the THP?
                              - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

Yes, pull off the pipe and look inside, It's mini!
                                Originally posted by cyclone
                                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                                Originally posted by Broda
                                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                                X