Group buy - GSR Induction Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Torque7 View Post
    It's done It will be sent out later today. However there might not be any more gains from these changes. Jamie from SP explained something I vould not see remotedly - the actual turbo inlet is so tiny that you can feed as much air as you want, but it is still too restrictive. The only hope is the 110hp model where they have a revised turbo. That might expect more gain to be achieved.
    As per the 90hp models there is not much to be improved more
    Is this something we can compare easily?

We'll be at FCS at the weekend with pretty much every engine there.
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I can have a look if people don't mind me undoing the turbo pipe I can take pictures to compare them ie :- 90 /110 hid. Etc ????
      http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
      2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
      DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

I have a feeling the turbo inlets are the same. Certainly in the diesels and probably the thp too but worth a look
        C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by MARK.A View Post
          I can have a look if people don't mind me undoing the turbo pipe I can take pictures to compare them ie :- 90 /110 hid. Etc ????
          That's not a bad idea mark. I'm sure we can build a bit of a case file to look at when we're all back
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
            Is this something we can compare easily?

We'll be at FCS at the weekend with pretty much every engine there.
            Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
            That's not a bad idea mark. I'm sure we can build a bit of a case file to look at when we're all back
            Like I said it will only take a couple of mins per car so that way we can build up a good picture description of each engine then go develop along with Arthur at torque 7
            2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

The 110 hdi goes from approx 45mm down to a 30mm ID on turboClick image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	359543

Comment

I have been running a Jamie mapped 110 for a year now and unless we are looking at a good increase in BHP or better spool up I dont think I will be parting with my money

Looks neat and maybe does make a whooshing sound but thats for the nova Boys

Sorry Guys
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Well there are some certain physics laws that one can not by pass: you can get as much air as the narrowest part of your intake allows you to. On N/A cars air is drawn in by vacuum created by the pistons sucking the air in, therefore by designing a "clever" intake (like we did on the C2) you can create a swirl/charging effect to make the air move faster than the engine sucks it in. Then you get your horses
                  On turbo applications the swirl effect won't do nothing, since the turbo will suck the air in much faster anyway. The only thing you can do is free up the restrictions. We did this on the intake, but unfortunately the turbo inlet is so small that it just doesn't benefit from the unrestricted intake that much. I'm still hoping that the turbulence created by the oversized breather connection, once cured on the revised pipe, will be responsible for atleast another horse
                  By the way, at the end of next week we might already start making the tool for the THP engines.

Comment

Just put down my deposit, absolutely buzzing! :bow:
                    Callum Green
                    Current: BMW 120i
                    Previous: DS3 1.6 HDI / Mini Cooper JCW / BMW 118d

Comment

GSR INDUCTION KIT

Comment

I have now actually run a cold air feed from the original collector box behind n/s headlight using some flexible piping

Comment

As said previous looks good but get some figures before and after on the rollers and that will sell it alone if a increase is achieved without that its just a piece of well engineered bling

Comment

Originally posted by monkeynuts View Post
                            As said previous looks good but get some figures before and after on the rollers and that will sell it alone if a increase is achieved without that its just a piece of well engineered bling
                            Already been done just made the same gain has the forge Kit does on the petrol and will never make huge gains due to the tiny inner diameter. Of the turbo makes a great growling noise when driving though

Comment

Originally posted by monkeynuts View Post
                              I believe an increase of 1-2BHP was obtained. Mark's already commented on the brilliance of the noise this kits creates.

If it's not for you, it's not for you.
                              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by MARK.A View Post
                                Already been done just made the same gain has the forge Kit does on the petrol and will never make huge gains due to the tiny inner diameter. Of the turbo makes a great growling noise when driving though
                                Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                                I believe an increase of 1-2BHP was obtained. Mark's already commented on the brilliance of the noise this kits creates.

If it's not for you, it's not for you.
                                180 quid for a growl and as you say its not for me

Comment

Working...
                                X