X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiro View Post
    Will do, have done.

Comment

Tools needed for cuppa splitter. Drill, to remove rivets holding on original rubber air dam. Sharp knife to trim splitter. Some screws to attach the new one. Screwdriver for said screws. That is it. Jacking up the car will make it easier but could also use parking on a tall curb.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
        Tools needed for cuppa splitter. Drill, to remove rivets holding on original rubber air dam. Sharp knife to trim splitter. Some screws to attach the new one. Screwdriver for said screws. That is it. Jacking up the car will make it easier but could also use parking on a tall curb.
        Cheers mucker, piece of cake. 3.2 mm drill bit and fresh rivets on standby.

Comment

My tip would be fit it with wide gauge thread self tappers, so that if you hit something (Like I did in a filed recently) the tappers give way and the splitter comes away from the vehicle

Better that than fitting it on really solidly, so that if you do catch something, it don't rip the whole front of the car off. LOL.
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
            My tip would be fit it with wide gauge thread self tappers, so that if you hit something (Like I did in a filed recently) the tappers give way and the splitter comes away from the vehicle

Better that than fitting it on really solidly, so that if you do catch something, it don't rip the whole front of the car off. LOL.
            Il look at mine and see where the weak point will be, I might be able to use some form of snap fitting for the majority of anchor points and go with something beefier in the middle and at either end.

Comment

Working...
            X