Ideas/lists of Best Performance Upgrades/Mods For My 155THP?? :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas/lists of Best Performance Upgrades/Mods For My 155THP?? :D

Hi, I am new to this thread writing as so far I have been reading lots of your posts to try find out the best upgrades to make and also learn from you guys and girls !!

I am lloking for a list really of the best performance upgrades for my 155THP, as I have installed the Forge Induction kit recently and not sure what my next step would be to actually make a difference.
    My line of sight would be Milltek non-res exhaust but as im just having it for street use, probably resonated is best and then remap.

Any ideas of how to actually get closer to 200bhp :P??

All ideas would be much appreciated.
    Many Thanks

Welcome to the club

Sounds like you already have your answer, exhaust and remap should get you in the 200bhp club.

Speak to Jamie at SP Tuning, he'll sort you out
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Thanks , feeling welcome already.

Would I need multiple remaps like 1 or 2 or is it a straight exhaust with a remap the answer? :P

Ill check him out and see what he says thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Danile View Post
        Thanks , feeling welcome already.

Would I need multiple remaps like 1 or 2 or is it a straight exhaust with a remap the answer? :P

Ill check him out and see what he says thanks
        Jamie can do the exhaust for you too.

You could probably squeeze it all in one day and then get it on his dyno to test too
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Haha thanks, would be awesome! Do you know how long it usually take to fit the exhaust?
          Was thinking may be fitting the exhaust myself and letting him do the remapping and special stuff after (for learning benefits) but if he can do it all then super !

Dyno test not sometimes cause catastrophic damage? heard bad things happen before (not to a ds3) aha

Comment

Downpipe, Intercooler, Remap.
            200 to 220HP
            Last edited by Shiro; 15-06-2015, 20:24.
            Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
            DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

The exhaust will take around 3 hours to fit, it's the downpipe that's takes all the time, cat back is only 30 mins work.
              I can supply and fit for £1200 inc vat
              A custom remap on our rollers is £270.00 inc vat.
              I can further discount the remap to £250.00 inc vat if you do both at the same time.
              There's currently a 6 week back order on the highflow cats
              You could go decat as alternative and save £300 or so. MOT might be a problem though.
              White on red THP
              Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Hi Jamie, many thanks for the reply

I may be able to sort the MOT part out. But whats the difference from the decat and the Milltek exhaust?(apart from not catalytic converter). As would I be paying for half of the Milltek exhaust and a straight custom pipe or is it part of the exhaust bought in?(apologies for being a bit slow)aha.
                Also if I were to purchase the resonated milltek exhaust with the decat, whats the noise level looking to be as I LOVE a non res but dont want to be to loud (as of yet)haha

Comment

We'd fit a straight through downpipe instead of the high flow cat. It will be louder without the cat though. Decat pipe only costs £130 compared to £600 or so for the cat....
                  earplugs 50p
                  White on red THP
                  Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Hahah! spot on lol
                    Would that then fit the resonated milltek exhaust from then on out? and make the overall resonated sound louder aha or will it simply be a straight pipe from the manifold to tips?
                    (learning so much already :lemon
                    Last edited by Joe Danile; 15-06-2015, 23:22.

Comment

Joe, also think about a Walnut Blast, made a very noticeable difference to my remapped D Sport. In about 5 weeks Jamie will be fitting some stuff on mine so il end up with a walnut blasted, mapped, latest revision HPFP, Milltech exhaust and beefier clutch on my 150 THP.

Comment

What's walnut blast superfly ? (Is it like a sand blast?)

Comment

The THP is a direct injection engine meaning fuel is injected straight into the cylinders. As part of all engines emissions system the vapors from inside the crankcase are directed into the inlet air that will go into the engine to be burned. This oil filled vapor passes the intake chamber and valves on its way to being burned. In older engines this was of no consequence as your fuel also passed this area cleaning off any deposits that the oil vapor caused. But as that our engines the fuel never goes by the valves(remember it is injected straight into the cylinder) there is nothing to clean those deposits off and it builds up and up and up. This can cause bad things to happen low power uneven running and worst case a blown engine. The walnut blasting is a process to clean off the deposits without taking off the cylinder head and manually cleaning it. Effective, and relatively quick and cheap comparatively. Jamie has some pics of doing his car on his build thread.
                          Originally posted by cyclone
                          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                          Originally posted by Broda
                          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Yeah cheers

Comment

There's a detailed thread here on different methods of cleaning the carbon build-up.

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....ghlight=walnut
                              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                              X