DS3 THP Custom Air Filter/Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 THP Custom Air Filter/Intake

I get discount at a local motorsport supplier who has loads of various silicone hoses/ cone air filters etc.

Is it possible on the DS3 THP to fabricate an induction system, or are there sensors (MAF etc) that would throw up an engine mngt fault?

My plan when I get mine is to lose all the pipework on the turbo induction side (put away for days when it's at the dealers for servicing etc) and replace it with a cone or straight through type air filter with induction pipework to a cold air feed.

2 questions from the above

1. Is it possible to do without engine management faults
    2. Anyone who's fitted either a custom setup or induction kit air filter, can you describe your setup, possibly with a picture etc?

Ta :cool:

Zack has replaced his as far as I'm aware. I think Laine may have also.. It's one of my next mods

With regards to your questions:
    I'm not sure but of the people who've made the change I haven't heard reports of any problems.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Do It Mate !

Everythings Fine ! =D

There's Loads Of Guys On The French Site With Intakes And Kits Such As BMC + K&N !

Comment

Anyone know what size the external diameter on the turbo inlet is in mm?

Comment

i have a bmc induction kit doest make engine faults but i found the attaching the piping tricky

Comment

Not done it myself yet, only have a K&N panel filter in at present. I know that some of the guys here have done it already and not heard anything on the forum regarding problems.

Comment

Found out via DS3 Spirit the turbo intake diameter is 45mm

http://www.ds3spirit.com/viewtopic.p...137478#p137478
              Last edited by dave_beast; 22-03-2011, 01:20.

Comment

Cheers Dave !

I'll Keep That For Future Reference !

Comment

Originally posted by DSL3NNY View Post
                  i have a bmc induction kit doest make engine faults but i found the attaching the piping tricky
                  Hi mate, have you got a photo of your setup?

Comment

Anyone any idea what the diameter of "This" is?

Will be running custom silicone piping to a carbon airbox which will attach to "This"
                    Attached Files

Comment

the hard bit is 80mm but athink the soft bit is 70mm i fitted a 70mm to 80mm 90dagree bend like this

Comment

ITS a FAF al tell you tht what you getting m8?

Comment

Cheers dude, so the Citroen part that you've kept has a diameter of 80mm? and the CDA is 70mm as below?

I'm getting the same as you, DSPORT THP Thorium grey/Carmen red, black Bellones and want to get as many bits as possible before it arrives
                          Last edited by dave_beast; 03-05-2011, 14:12. Reason: spelling

Comment

yes and AV got black with white roof m8 and sweet what you got so far and have you orded your induction kit ?

Comment

Nothing yet lol, am going to the shop tomorrow to see what they have

http://www.burtonpower.com

But they do a lot of motorsport gear, not just Ford (Found On Road Dead )

Comment

Working...
                              X