Rim Blades VS Alloy Gators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rim Blades VS Alloy Gators

Which is best? Do they make your wheel look smaller though? Alloy Gators don't seem to be so intrusive on the wheel and make it look normal size, where as rim blades seem to make the wheel look smaller?
    - Challenge Accepted -

Rimblades for me
    Alloygators pricey, difficult to fit, and get scuffed. They are more robust tho.

Did a review on here a couple years back, not sure the photos still be on the thread tho

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?5711-Rimblades
    Last edited by Chris_Blue; 14-07-2015, 11:15.
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

I went for blue rimblades to match the car. You can get black or silver depending on which wheels you have and they blend in so as not to make the wheel appear smaller.

Comment

My driving school customers tend to go for Alloy Gator as they are much tougher and survive better.

Personally it's my choice as well, they are easy to fit but do take a little more time than rim blades.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Having being forced into the kerb by a "white van man" I'm glad that I had alloygators fitted as they saved my rims from major damage that I don't think rimblades would have stood upto.
          DS3 1.6 Bluehdi Dsport Plus :STrooper:

Comment

Mixed reviews :O

Do they make you wheel look smaller though? My biggest concern with only baby 17inch Bellones

Also Chris, alloy fatties corroded your wheels?
            - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

I had alloy gators on my Bellones. They covered up most of the damage caused to mine from the previous owner. I got them fitted for free though as I won them in DS3 clubs raffle. They also looked really good as the red matched my centre caps and paint
              DS3 Evo Edition
              Sport Red
              E8 DRY

Checkout my Build Thread: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....s-Build-Thread
              Scottish Meet Part 2: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....sh-Meet-Part-2

Comment

either, if they match the colour of your wheel, will not make a wheel look smaller

ie; If you have a silver alloy wheel, and get silver rim protectors, it probably make the wheel look bigger
                As in if you get black, as the colour of the tyre, it will make the tyre look bigger, and wheel smaller

Not sure you mean by alloy fatties, but the gators corroded my bellone rims (but they were on my previous DS3 which was part exed for my current one)
                I gave the car in with the gators on them, covering the damage. when I went to see it on forecourt, the wheels looked a right mess

My current Bellones have rimblades, as I like the idea of the adhesive protecting the rim by securely covering it up. gators don't do this
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                X