Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member here with a dsport thp 155 :D need information!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member here with a dsport thp 155 :D need information!

Hey guys new member to the forum from the uk! Will hopefully be picking up my car next week....
    Got myself a ds3 dsport thp 155

After a few bits of info from the people in the know!
    Firstly I'm tempted to lower it as it sits quite high in its standard trim in my opinion.
    Not gonna go mental summin like 35 front 30 back or 40 front 35 back will do nicely. But what springs would you guys suggest that'll help handling but not need me to sell a kidney!

Next up and lastly is wheels, after summin a bit nicer, never been a fan of standard wheels tbh. Would like summin with a bit of a dish probably still 17".
    Is there anything I need to steer Cleer of in the way of offset etc, as I don't want the wheel hitting the caliper or anything else!
    I'm guessing the higher the offset (et35 or 40) would need me to space the wheels out accordingly?
    Feel free to put up some pics of your car's with different wheels or lowered to give me some inspiration

Heres the thp I'll be collecting, the mirrors are being colour matched blue and I'm tempted to black out the chrome bits as well as I've never like chrome!

Thanks for any help and pictures in advance :cool:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ds3-thp-dan; 10-12-2015, 13:39.

Welcome to the club

Car looks good, is that Ink Blue?
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Thanks alot, can't wait to get the car!!
      Yep it's ink blue with the really dark grey almost black roof

Comment

Originally posted by ds3-thp-dan View Post
        Thanks alot, can't wait to get the car!!
        Yep it's ink blue with the really dark grey almost black roof
        Great colour combo, make sure you get loads of pics up when it arrives
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Welcome to the club

Comment

Welcome to the club. Car looks great, I love the ink blue
            Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
            Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

I've got H&R 35mm springs (art. 29112-1). You can find them online for around €130-€150 for a set. The ride is firm of course, but in corners I get a much better feel for the car than on OEM springs. And it looks so much better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-10-08 17.25.25.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	360021

Comment

Welcome! Car looks great,but I can understand your desire to modify and make it yours.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1003 (2).jpg
Views:	4
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	360023
                LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the welcomes!
                  Picked the car up yesterday, WOOP!
                  Here's a pic of it freshly machine polished and waxed. Will also get some nice outside shots when it stops raining!

A question tho, or more a request.....
                  Has anyone fitted 16" wheels to their ds3? Or can you guys show me some pics of ds3 with non standard 16" wheels?

Like the look of these wheels. But they come in 16" x 8.5 front and 9.5 rear. What tyre size would I have to fit? After summin not so low profile on the side wall, so the car ride height isn't really affected

Want a tyre like this if I can fit it?

Let me know wat you think??
                  Last edited by ds3-thp-dan; 20-12-2015, 23:45.

Comment

Car looks great, will defo have to lower if you go for 16's
                    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

thanks gazski!

well i managed to pick it up some new boots

there axe ex10's in 18"x8" wide wrapped in toyo proxes t1 sports, when i got home with them, i couldnt resist and mocked up 2 of em

also had a little play on photoshop to show what i want to do..... wheels will be colour coded, ink blue centres, and black lips, lower it 35mm, and black out all the chrome bits

Comment

Welcome to the club Dan car looked good there was nice to meet you and your girlfriend the other day car looks good on the new wheels glad you like them
                        http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                        2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                        DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

I'd keep the wheels white. Just lower it and it'll look brilliant.
                          May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                          October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                          Instagram @adamds3

Comment

I wondered if they were the wheels you had fitted to yours Mark Did you include a large bottle of wheel wash ? My black ones need regular cleans otherwise they go grey/brown with all the crap on the roads....
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                              I wondered if they were the wheels you had fitted to yours Mark Did you include a large bottle of wheel wash ? My black ones need regular cleans otherwise they go grey/brown with all the crap on the roads....
                              Yes Chris they where the wheels I brought just before I returned it to standard [emoji23]lol Chris no I didn't needed the big bottle of wheel wash for Me new 19" wheels on the BM
                              http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                              2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                              DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Working...
                              X