Tyre Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre Advice

I have been looking around for new tyres. Kinda fancy the new CrossClimate's by Michelin. The only issue is that they don't do them in 205/45/17's only 205/50/17's.

I've had a look online and found that my speedo would under-read by 2 mph at 60mph but it currently over-reads by 2 mph at 60 mph anyway so don't really see that as an issue.
    Anyone think of any drawbacks by using this tyre size and does anyone think there would be a noticeable change to ride comfort by having a slightly higher profile tyre fitted?

Thanks.

Not an expert but I suspect your ride comfort might actually soften a little, some owners would prefer that
    sigpic

Comment

That was kinda of what I was looking for. The roads here in Dundee are terrible so if a slightly higher profile tyre would help then I'm all for it.

Comment

Common sense tells me that a taller sidewall will help soften the bumps a little - I'm just not sure if you'll be able to feel it ?
        sigpic

Comment

I dropped to a 40 on 18" rims (Michelin Pilot Super Sport 225/40R18 92Y) and the ride feels no worse to be honest. I suspect rubber quality is maybe more important than tyre wall height.

Comment

Working...
          X