Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second Ds in 7 months, more mods to come!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Ds in 7 months, more mods to come!

Hi all, recently traded in my 10 plate 1.6vti for an 11 plate Dsport Plus.

Old car:

Overall I'm incredibly happy with the car, and the difference between the two is night and day. Still getting used to the extra power as well as the not so great tyres currently on the car.

Picked it up 2 days before christmas:

It came with some aftermarket mud flaps on the rear with citroen branding, and I must say they're growing on me, gives the car a wider aggressive look however they do scrape along the tarmac when going over bumps if theres people in the back! It also came with a set of wind deflectors however I'm unsure which brand, they're getting a bit tatty so I plan to remove them and give them a good clean when I have the time. The previous owner has also painted the brakes red, and the dealership refurbished the bellones gloss black as part of the deal.

Since picking the car up I've installed the forge dump valve, removed the rear citroen badging below the 'ds' logo, and had the front grille dipped matte black.

Over the weekend I picked up a set of "HID Xenon look" sidelight and dipped beam bulbs from halfords *ouch*, must say I'm not impressed. They are brighter just not what they were advertised as, the box claimed they had the pure white/blue tint and its just not there, waste of 50 Quid! They'll do for just now until I have more money to waste on it.

Future plans are to dip the ds logo above the grille matte black to match the grille, as well as the rear ds logo. I'd also like to do a rear wiper delete however I tried on my last Ds and gave up after fiddling with it for an hour lol.

Stage one map would be nice, as I feel 155bhp from that punchy little 1.6 turbo is a bit conservative, especially with it producing a fair bit more in cooper s-guise.

Would love a bit more of a rumble from the exhaust, however being a student I'm trying to keep costs to a minimum, any ideas for a bit more noise would be welcomed. I'm also leaning towards the idea of having the exhaust tip changed, always loved the look of rally cars and would like to mimic that with a single larger tip as opposed to the two smaller ones. I think it would tie in nicely with the rally-style mudflaps and help me get the look I'm going for.

Set of lowering springs wouldn't go a miss either, as from some angles the car looks a little high.
    My mechanical expertise doesn't stretch too far, so I think I'd need to give dad the mechanic a shout to help with that haha!

Lastly, I cannot stand the orange coloured screens and dials in the interior, mainly the Radio screen and climate control. Not sure if this idea is far fetched or possible, but could a tinted film be applied over the screens to achieve a different colour? Nothing too crazy just something more subtle, seems a shame we have such a lovely interior with two whopping great bright orange screens stuck in the middle!

Hope everyone enjoyed reading my post as much as I enjoyed writing it, thanks for your input guys.

Nice plans there ! Re the orange lights I seem to remember a post a while back where an owner (maybe overseas) changed the orange LEDs for white ones, it looked great but was quite a bit of effort and required solid soldering skills that I don't posess
    sigpic

Comment

At school, we used to take our calculators apart and there was a film over the LCD that reversed the colours if you flipped it over. It made the readout dimmer so I'm not sure if it's safe to do in a car but it might work.

What's the spoiler on your first one?
      May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
      October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
      Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Seconded, re spoiler.

And as above, I've seen people swap the LED's over. Maybe look for a scrappy with a written off newer DS3 which comes with OEM white led screens? (not sure about radio though, maybe have to swap it out for a double din?)
        @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Looking good! How are you finding the drive compared to the previous one?

You can set to a black background with orange text and dim it - inverse I think is the REALLY orange option with black text. Biggest thing that bugs me is the USB icon is has wonky lines. There's some pretty good pixel art out there, Citroen failed.

This thread has some ideas re changing the dial colours:
          http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....r-AC-radio-ect.

I was thinking of messing about with coloured films over the radio display to see what different overlays would do.

Or as mentioned, swap out for something else
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Spoiler looks like this one?
            http://www.madmotors.co.uk/csr-citro...f-spoiler.html
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
              I quite like that but it looks like the DSport spoiler would have to come off.
              May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
              October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
              Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Looks v similar, if it's not the same one WTF
                sigpic

Comment

Second Ds in 7 months, more mods to come!

Thanks for the replys guys, in regards to the spoiler on the first one, it was a CSR spoiler bought from ebay. Its designed to go over the dstyle spoiler as it had a cut out for it premade.

As for the orange displays, I've been messing about with the settings already and couldn't quite get what I was after, possibly me being a bit picky though!

Will have a ring around local scrappies later and see if anyone has any newer ds3s.

In regards to the ride, its definitely harder than my last ds, however It having done half the miles it feels a lot better put together, less rattles over bumps and occasional funny noises. Still getting used to crawling over speed bumps although I think that might be my cautiousness lol
                  Last edited by KieranHamilton; 28-01-2016, 12:58.

Comment

Working...
                  X