New to the forum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum!

Hi all, been a long time viewer of the forum but only just got around to registering. Had my 155 THP for 3 years now since new and with the warranty expiring soon am looking to start modding!

My plans are to install the forge induction kit and recirculating valve, lower the car and get a remap. A few quick questions if anyone could help!

Are the induction kit and recirc valve worthy mods? With the induction kit being open and not closed is warm air in the engine bay much of an issue? I live in the north east mind so we are lucky to see temperatures reach 20 degrees!

I'm looking to install some lowered springs too only maybe 25mm all around but will there be any issues with the stock shock absorbers? My car is the Dsport plus not sure if it's already got stiffer suspension or not.

Any help anyone could offer would be great and hopefully I can refresh the romance with my DS3!!

Hi Doeboy, Welcome to the Club as its your first post

Forge Induction kit will just pretty up the engine bay, doesn't add anything performance wise much. Doesn't mean you shouldn't put one in tho.

Recirculation valve is a worthy mod, should reduce the Turbo lag

25mm lowering springs do improve handling, you don't get the "leaning over" feeling as much when cornering. I had 25-30mm Eibachs installed (Jamie at SPT who gets on here) and they were great. Stock shocks should last a few years. Had mine for 2 years and no problems at all.

A remap- its fantastic- really opens the engine up.

You could also think catch can on front PCV, and on rear if you get the inclination, it will help a little and not that costly. A Sports catalytic converter will give you another 8 BHP and a bigger exhaust another 2-3 bhp. Best mod for me was my Turboback exhaust , altho it was pricey. Cheaper versions around now. And how about an intercooler at same time as remap. Fab.

Have fun, Good luck. Looking to buy a THP when they hit £3k myself to have a play. Cheapest Ive seen is £4.5k for a 10 plate so far. Another 18 months I think....
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi and thanks for the welcome!

The induction kit is definitely something I'll be purchasing sooner rather than later, same with the springs, as long as I can get a year plus with the stock shocks I'll be happy, just enough time to save for some better ones. Think I'm going to go with the H&S springs, though purely on recommendation of a friend.

I read on another post on here once, I think it was from a member who works for one of the tuning companies, that the forge recirc valve isn't that good as it sticks? I'd be surprised if this was the case as that's pretty much the main thing they sell the valve to avoid! Not sure if you've heard much about that?

A remap is definitely high on the list too, eventually I'd like to get a full wrap done, but that will definitely be a job to save up for!

Comment

Welcome!
        LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

There are several options for a recirc valve, but its a while since I went looking for one. Just changed the internals and stronger spring on the OEM myself. Seemed smoother.

Its either piston or diaphragm from what I remember. Diaphragm can leak I think.

The forge one looks all nice n shiny, that's for sure
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Having a look at the offerings from forge I see there's a recirc valve and a blow off valve, both around the £200 mark. Any idea what the difference is between the two? I assumed one vents to atmosphere and one circulated for quiet operation, what's the stock set up on the THP 155? I know you get a hiss on gear changes with the stock (or rather I occasionally do, not sure if my valve is already sticking) so would ideally rather replace with a better quality set up but with the same style as the manufacturers part

Comment

Your guess is right- blow off makes a sound like a deflating rubber cushion every time you take your foot off the gas when accelerating.

Have a look at this:

http://gfb.com.au/products/blow-off-...ication-by-gfb

That's the one I was thinking of getting
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

That does look interesting, you know of anybody on the forum who's had one installed and can vouch for it?

I would definitely go down the route of upgrading the manufacturers design before changing the design completely. Plus £75 isn't too bad though I can't see how much postage would be to the UK

Comment

No- you would be first I know of to install one

Postage won't be cheap, but it looked a good product to me.
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

I wouldn't bother with the Induction Kit. Save your money, or spend it on something useful like a FMIC.
                    I make cars go quicker then take photos of them.
                    Genuine Alientech Kess V2 & K-Tag

Comment

Working...
                    X