Jamie's SPTuning Walnut blasting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamie's SPTuning Walnut blasting.

So, this is my first post, and id like to share my experience of a visit to Jamie's SPTuning workshop up in Hinkley.

I own a 2011 Blue DS3 THP, and as everyone knows, they suffer quite badly from the valve train coking up over time.

Rather than harp on too much i feel pictures make many a man happy, so have a look at these!

Work carried out at 51,000 miles. Every time i drive its like its my last, takes quite a beating poor little sod.

Before..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	56BBF39F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	367943Click image for larger version

Name:	56BBF3F0.jpg
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	367944Click image for larger version

Name:	56BBF40E.jpg
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	367945Click image for larger version

Name:	56BBF43C.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	367946

After!!!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	56BC01E6.jpg
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	367947Click image for larger version

Name:	56BC14BA.jpg
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	367948:cool::redface::redface::star:

As you can see, there's a huge reduction in deposits and the performance gain is how I imagine a brand new engine feels,
    more responsive, better MPG, much better acceleration and good time happy smiles and joy joy feelings everywhere.

Cant recommend Jamie enough, smart facility, great service and value for money.
    Best £300 i've ever spent!
    Phyliss

Spreader of rumors, taker of lives, leader of men

Massive difference!
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
      Massive difference!
      This.

Pictures speak a thousand words.
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Can't imagine seeing things like Terraclean etc doing nearly the same job. Amazing results.
        @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Mine were the same before and after, in fact I think Jamie posted pics on here when he walnut blasted my valves.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
            Mine were the same before and after, in fact I think Jamie posted pics on here when he walnut blasted my valves.
            http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....My-Experiences.
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

That's the badger, I'm now on 37k so I think il be popping up there again soonish

Comment

How long does it normally take for valves to get that bad, as I had all new valves when I did an engine rebuild?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikie96 View Post
                  How long does it normally take for valves to get that bad, as I had all new valves when I did an engine rebuild?
                  Mine blew after 16k, new engine and then a further 16k before the top end needed replacing.
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

There isn't a specific bracket of time, lots of factors can effect the rate at which carbonisation occurs, driving style may be the biggest single factor. Jamie has said some are as bad at 10k as other at 30k.

Comment

Results look really good. How long does it take Jamie to do it?

Cheers
                      Russ

Comment

There isn't a specific bracket of time, lots of factors can effect the rate at which carbonisation occurs, driving style may be the biggest single factor. Jamie has said some are as bad at 10k as other at 30k.
                        I'm on 24k now, I think I'll be making a trip up soon.
                        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

as I had all new valves when I did an engine rebuild?
                          Maybe, maybe not. Did you get new heads? If so new valves in the assembly and all sparkly clean, If they had to build up the head and reused the old stuff the would have had to have cleaned everything, so still clean. Or they might have reused the old heads if they were ok and not given a shit so did not clean the intake ports and valves so then there still nasty.
                          Originally posted by cyclone
                          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                          Originally posted by Broda
                          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Derby isn't too far from Jamie, may be worth getting him to poke his camera down to have a look, as Cyclone says new valves may not mean carbon free ports.

Comment

No they were my valves @ 76000 miles very badly Carboned up

Comment

Working...
                              X