Looking for some advice..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some advice..

So almost 2 years ago I got my DS3 at the young age of 19 and I LOVE it. It's my pride and joy.

At the start of this year I decided to get it some Lenso RS5's Click image for larger version

Name:	DS3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	367958 and since I loved them so much I'm wanting to do some more mods. The problem is that I'm a complete novice when it comes to this sort of thing as I've never had a car that I've been interested in enough to spend money on so I was hoping you lovely people here could help me out

First of all, (although not really a mod) Are there any products you guys would recommend for my alloys? I want to make sure I keep them as shiny as they day I got them!

I'm also wanting to make some modifications to the exhaust but I have literally NO idea where to begin. I don't want to overdo it and end up like a chav with a Saxo that sounds like a moped but I do want a nicer sound from it. Any suggestions?

I will be getting xenon headlights next month, is there anything I should know before I buy some?

If you have any other suggestions you think I might like feel free to post them and I'll consider them

Thank you,

Sam

Ok easy stuff re cleaning/detailing is to have a look at the detailing part of the forum here - http://www.ds3club.co.uk/forumdispla...y-Auto-Finesse

Also our resident OCDetailer is Andy, he hangs out in that forum a fair bit so if, after a read through you want further advice then post a thread and he should respond. He also sells samples of a huge range of cleaning products so you can try befoe buying a large bottle of the stuff.

Which model DS3 do you have, more importantly which engine, is it a petrol turbo, diesel turbo or Vti ? This will affect the advice you'll receive.

Exhausts - a fair few owners have changed theirs, I'll leave one of them to respond on that

Xenon headlights - Will these be after market light bulbs ? If so search on the forum using the box in the top right, that should bring you a few results. I'm not an expert on this mod, if I had the money I'd buy the new DS3 style front lights as some of the other light mods are fiddly and might also be illegal or an mot fail

Good luck with the mods, a lot of us do some type of mods to our cars, I have an eHDi and will be getting a remap next week from Jamie (forum member who owns SP Tuning in Burbage), probably the best value mod in terms of performance for your £'s. I've also fitted wind deflectors, painted my calipers red and have the required club stickers as well
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the reply and advice!

I've got a 1.6 e-HDi Airdream DStyle, it's a diesel with a turbo

I'll have a browse on some of the other sections of the forums. As for the Xenons I'm just looking for decent quality ones that aren't a huge pain in the ass to set up - MOT doesn't matter to me because we don't have them where I live :P

Comment

Working...
      X