Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Racing Exhaust

Hi guys,

I currently have a Scorpion Exhaust on my Racing, but I've heard that they are quite restrictive compared to some others? Just wondering what everyone recommends? I want a quiet loud exhaust outside, but one that doesn't blow my ears inside?

Thanks in advance

A Quiet Loud exhaust you say? I need to hear this! :lemon:
    Phyliss

Spreader of rumors, taker of lives, leader of men

Comment

I have Bastuck De-Cat and pipes with no resonator and OEM Muffler, after 2500rpm it is loud after a long drive you can 'feel' it in your head but I love it

Here's a short video...
      DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Originally posted by SiPhyliss View Post
        A Quiet Loud exhaust you say? I need to hear this! :lemon:
        Quite is what I meant! Haha

Comment

Sounds really good! Don't know if they do anything like that in the UK though?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikie96 View Post
            Sounds really good! Don't know if they do anything like that in the UK though?
            Pretty sure ChrisBlue had a Bastuck on his DS3 so there should be somewhere to buy it (probably the internets somewhere).
            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
              Pretty sure ChrisBlue had a Bastuck on his DS3 so there should be somewhere to buy it (probably the internets somewhere).
              Hangar111 used to sell them (no idea if they still do) looked into getting one myself but they never replied to me so went elsewhere and ironically ended up with a Scorpion exhaust lol

Comment

Have you thought about getting a custom one made?

You'll be able to tell them exactly what you want from it and you won't pay for just the name on the tips. Liam recently had one made for his MX5, I can hear him coming up the road from inside our flat, but inside the car it's not too noisy at all.
                My DS3R3... nearly....
                New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Milltek is super quiet inside the car, no noise resonance, but definitely loud enough with the window down.
                  White on red THP
                  Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

I've never thought of a custom one before to be honest!

I was thinking Milltek before I got the scorpion one. Does anything think I need to change the scorpion at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikie96 View Post
                      I've never thought of a custom one before to be honest!

I was thinking Milltek before I got the scorpion one. Does anything think I need to change the scorpion at all?
                      I didn't think that a Milltek/Bastuck exhaust will get you a perceptible difference. You can try to delete the middle silencer for more sound
                      Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
                      DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                        Milltek is super quiet inside the car, no noise resonance, but definitely loud enough with the window down.
                        Then I removed the cat....OMG!!!
                        White on red THP
                        Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                          Thinking of booking mine in with you guys at some point over the next few months for a remap and exhaust. Is there much difference between the resonated and non resonated Millteks? Don't want it to sound too boomy but would like a bit more sound over stock.

Comment

There isn't a middle silencer cause I opted for the non-resonated anyway to begin with to make it a bit louder. Would prefer not to have to spend £££ on another exhaust to make it louder :/ any suggestions? would de-cating make the noise any louder?

Comment

Yes, it will increase the noise. Even if you choose the option with a highflow cat
                              Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
                              DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Working...
                              X