1.6 eHdi De-cat/DPF delete pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.6 eHdi De-cat/DPF delete pipe

Hi, I have the 1.6 e-hdi engine. Does anyone know if the 1.6 16v hdi de-cat/DPF delete pipe will fit?

Cheers

Originally posted by titjuggler2004 View Post
    Hi, I have the 1.6 e-hdi engine. Does anyone know if the 1.6 16v hdi de-cat/DPF delete pipe will fit?

Cheers
    The 1.6 16v hdi de-cat/DPF delete pipe from what?
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

For a DS3? I've seen the pipe listed online but it's only listed for the 16v 1.6 hdi. I'm just wondering if it would fit the 8v 1.6 hdi engine :-/

Cheers

Comment

Which model has the 16v eHDi engine ? Mines the 8v 1.6 115 eHDi....
        sigpic

Comment

From what I believe the e-hdi means 8v and the normal hdi is a 16v. Same engines are used in fords and the same applies to them, the econetics are 8v whilst non econetics are 16v. I'm just wondering if they share the same dpf/cat and if so the dpf delete pipe should work...should lol.

Cheers

Comment

If you're not sure if it will fit, get a custom one made. As I understand it, de-cat / DPF removal is just a straight through pipe, any decent exhaust place can do it. You'll probably need the DPF mapped out in the ECU though or it will throw errors.
            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I've already had the dpf opened up and the cat and dpf removed and it's all been mapped out, it's just a big canister now but it can't be doing much for performance. I thought about going custom route but got quoted £180 just for the delete pipe and I've seen them listed for £90 new for the 16v. Just seems a lot of money to waste if it does in fact fit. I was just curious to know if anyone had fitting one with any success :-/ are there possibly any parts boffins that can compare parts numbers of the dpf on both the 16v and the 8v?

Cheers

Comment

I didn't know that the engines were 8v or 16v in the diesels
                sigpic

Comment

From what I believe they are. If you check the power graphs and compare the hdi to the e-hdi the e-hdi makes it's torque earlier than the hdi, typical of an 8v :-P

Comment

I'm looking forward to my Jamie remap this month
                    sigpic

Comment

You need to make sure your pipe has bosses welded in for oxygen and temp sensors
                      White on red THP
                      Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

I'm lucky, I have a good friend who does custom mapping and did the dpf delete so from time to time me make little tweaks to the map here and there :-) I did a few 0-60 tests on standard map and was getting 9.6 seconds, out of curiosity I did it in the wet the other week and got 8.5! Definitely getting somewhere! My brother has a mg zs 2.0 diesel running around 160 bhp and I wasted him from a standing start :-D granted he has me on long straights but in bends he just can't keep up :-P for a little 1.6 8v diesel these things fly lol

Comment

Cheers Jamie, do you know if the 16v has the same number of sensors?

Comment

Is the DPF the same for the 90 & 110 E-Hdi's?

Comment

If I was gunna guess I'd say yes because as far as I know the only difference between them is the turbo but that's only a guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X