Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro fit Power Folding Mirrors

Hi
    Got a quote for £1300 to have these fitted by my dealer on the wife's 9 month old DStyle nav Cabrio.
    So I have bought all the parts, folding mirrors, switch panel and both door looms for £230 and am going to attempt the upgrade myself.
    Can't find any articles on this in any of the threads, has anyone tried this or am I the first?
    Obviously will need to visit the dealers before they will work by the remote locking.
    Any help or guidance would be great fully received (Southern Comfort will no doubt be helping)

You'll need a long socket to get the longest bolt off, otherwise it's fairly straightforward. Have a look on Bigfeets file repository thread, should be some info on there.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Hi Beefmasta
      Thanks for the tip about the long socket, knowing my luck I won't have the size I need (looks like a 10).
      I did have a look at Bigfeets wonderful repository but sadly nothing relevant to mirrors or wiring diagrams for the 2015 models (which are very much a hybrid between the Citroen and new DS models as Citroen were getting rid of their stockpile of demos and threw in a SatNav but removed practically every other feature!
      I will take some pictures and post them to help others latterly).
      Should have paid the extra and bought the wife a new all singing and dancing model, she has been used to driving our C4 Grand Picasso exclusive plus which is fully loaded (spoilt her something rotten).
      Thanks again

Comment

Yeah when I swapped the mirror on my old DS3, none of my mates tools were long enough, had to pop to Halfords and get one.
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
          none of my mates tools were long enough
          Waheeyy!
          Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
          Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Originally posted by Kat View Post
            Waheeyy!
            Poor Den.
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

So Den had the long tool ? That does surprise me....
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                So Den had the long tool ? That does surprise me....
                No he had to buy one to do the job.
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Hi Ivesbrian,

We have just bought a DS3 1.2 Design for the wife and am considering upgrading the mirrors to powered units, which seems to be what you were considering. Have you completed the conversion and did was it straight forward? Any tips info would be welcome.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X