Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice

I've got the 90bhp diesel engine and am thinking of a new airfilter, stage 1 remap and possibly decat exhaust. Anyone done something similar, or done anything with the exhaust? Not looking for the typical loud screamer, but when I put my foot down it makes you happy. Any advice?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Matt Barca View Post
    I've got the 90bhp diesel engine and am thinking of a new airfilter, stage 1 remap and possibly decat exhaust. Anyone done something similar, or done anything with the exhaust? Not looking for the typical loud screamer, but when I put my foot down it makes you happy. Any advice?

Well i've got a remapped e-HDI(90bhp) with GSR induction kit. A remap is highly recommended! It gives the car a nice performance boost and it's a lot more fun to drive. For arifilter system i've had a foam replacement filter from pipercross but i upgraded it to a GSR induction kit, with this kit i've experienced better throttle response and it sounds a lot better. I would skip the decat exhaust because a diesel doesn't have a cat You can go for a dpf delete but it will need software & hardware modification and I think you ownt pass MOT anymore
    http://www.autoweek.nl/verbruik/13739/citroen-ds3-e-hdi-90-so-chic-2011

Comment

Originally posted by kistigun View Post
      Well i've got a remapped e-HDI(90bhp) with GSR induction kit. A remap is highly recommended! It gives the car a nice performance boost and it's a lot more fun to drive. For arifilter system i've had a foam replacement filter from pipercross but i upgraded it to a GSR induction kit, with this kit i've experienced better throttle response and it sounds a lot better. I would skip the decat exhaust because a diesel doesn't have a cat You can go for a dpf delete but it will need software & hardware modification and I think you ownt pass MOT anymore
      That's what I ment, I had a dpf problem with my last car and it's why I got rid of it. Looking at something for this now. How much did it cost you? Also the MOT is exempt for a while yet Plus I can get it through 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Barca View Post
        That's what I ment, I had a dpf problem with my last car and it's why I got rid of it. Looking at something for this now. How much did it cost you? Also the MOT is exempt for a while yet Plus I can get it through ��

The remap cost me €400,- the Pipercross replacement filter €38,- the GSR induction kit €220,-. Did not yet had a DPF delete but i'm thinking about it(got a quote for €300,-)
        http://www.autoweek.nl/verbruik/13739/citroen-ds3-e-hdi-90-so-chic-2011

Comment

Every mondern car has a cat. :rolleyes:
          Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
          DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by Shiro View Post
            Every mondern car has a cat. :rolleyes:
            I'd rather they came with a dog than a cat.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I'm pretty sure my diesel DS3 has a cat
              sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                  I'm pretty sure my diesel DS3 has a cat
                  I know mine does 😂

Comment

Mines remapped. Worth it for sure.

I have a custom exhaust fitted as well, not much difference in sound, but visually looks nice xD
                    Aka:
                    Alex

:ds3:
                    Blue Phoenix
                    DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

Working...
                    X