Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifications

Hi all,

i've got a 1.4Vti 95Bhp and i'm looking to increase the power. I've had a look at remaps but i'm only going to get it to 103bhp and a small torque increase which is extremely disappointing!

any ideas on what i can do?

You can change a few things, air filter, remap etc buy with the naturally aspirated engine there are limited options to get more than double figure gains.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Without remapping you could put a performance air filter in the airfilter box,this is a cheaper starting point,but again this may not give you many extra bhp,the sound of your engine will differ and the economy will remain intact.

K&N,Pipercross and other brands are available as panel filters to drop in to the existing airfilter box.

So,if your engine has had a service and is running well,your tyres are fully inflated to correct pressures and you do not carry any extra items in your boot that do not need to be there,then your DS3 should be at it`s best!

I agree that remapping does seem expensive,but it can aid economy and power if that is what you crave.It has been widely reported by remappers that turbo petrol and turbo diesel engines do benefit to a greater extent from a remap.

Hope this info is of some use.
      Last edited by JEZDS3; 16-06-2016, 19:35.
      LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Modifications

Just invest in some air ride, big sound system...forget about performance in this engine
        White on red THP
        Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
          Just invest in some air ride, big sound system...forget about performance in this engine
          air ride hahaha

maybe a upgrade in the entire car is needed

Comment

yep- get a bigger engine... one with a Turbo
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
            X