DPF delete benefits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPF delete benefits?

I have a ds3 115 diesel and just wondered what are benefits of removing the DPF? Has anyone removed it? Thank you

In theory removing the dpf will decrease exhaust back pressure leading to decreased fuel consumption, small performance gains, lower exhaust gas temperatures and less weight of the vehicle. At a cost of; Increase emmisions including smoke, louder exhaust and possible MOT failure for ilegally modifying the car for road use.

Comment

Zack has definitely removed his as well as a few others I think, a search (top right of the page) may yield further details. As MadMan0 said above there are some benefits but also some issues, not the least of which is the black smoke and an instant MOT fail....
      sigpic

Comment

Got my dpf deleted a few weeks ago: My MPG got a lot better, from 56 mpg to 62 mpg. Indeed some performance gains and noise increased but nothing ridiculous. I dont see any smoke coming from the exhaust exept when i start the engine there is some white smoke for a few seconds and the car has become smelly(old school diesel smell) Also in The Netherlands it's not ilegal, so no problems with MOT.
        http://www.autoweek.nl/verbruik/13739/citroen-ds3-e-hdi-90-so-chic-2011

Comment

I've only seen a video of Zack's DS3 running after the DPF delete and it was smoking like an older diesel used to
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X