• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Front Splitters/Spoilers

Which do you prefer?

RDX Racedesign - £126 (not incl. P&P)
    Pros - Looks sporty and functional - Not many around
    Cons - Looks difficult to fit - Supplied unpainted - Looks out of place when fitted compared to computer renders

CSR Automotive - £129 (free postage)
    Pros - Lowered effect without changing suspension - Looks like it has more area to attach - Will work well with Evo-style front ends - Again, not many around
    Cons - Supplied unpainted - May catch on steep car park ramps / speed bumps

Triple R Composites - £90 (free postage)
    Pros - Cheapest - Tried and tested by many club members - Comes in gloss black
    Cons - Everyone and their nan has one! - Fairly plain design

RDX
    37.50%
    CSR
    0%
    Triple R
    62.50%
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Seat Cupra spoiler lip.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Not a massive fan of these if I'm honest, seen both the Cupra and Triple R one's in person and both look ok....

The Cupra one is normally cheapest
      sigpic

Comment

How compatible is the Cupra one? Easy fix or a bit of work?
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Love the Triple R splitter on mine,Black goes with any colour, you can touch up scratches with gloss black paint,you can mount club stickers on it!
          LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Have to buy some screws or bolts to attach it and need to take off the original rubber piece(including drilling out 2 rivets). It is flexible and can easy bend it to match the bumper. Also need to trim off a couple of cm at each end after attaching it. All in all a beginner level project.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Cool, do you have any pictures of one fitted on a DS3? I have looked through a couple of cupra threads and the pictures have been removed
              Join the Facebook Group!
              Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Here's my 10 pence worth mate. I had a full GSR bodykit on my last Ford Focus and even though it looked good, it was a nightmare for me. I caught the front splitter on everything!! Scratched it to bits. I couldn't use multi storey car parks, drive up anyones drive that had an incline more than 10 degrees and had to find alternative routes home if any "sleeping policemen" were in the road!! They look great, but be careful on bumpy or steep inclines and declines especially when the surface levels out. On a more positive note, I'm excited to see what you go for!!
                Last edited by Funky; 02-08-2016, 20:53.
                DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

I definitely agree with you, I'm a bit worried about clearance as the entrance to my work car park is up a short, fairly steep ramp. I won't lower my suspension for that reason (and because I hate the look of wheel arches covering the tops of wheels).

But, if I take the corner slowly it should be fine - I've seen an Evo X parked there, and someone has a Nissan 180SX, so the ramp can't be that bad if you go slow to stop any bouncing.

I don't plan to fit one until November, so I still have lots of time to think about what risks I'm willing to take
                  Join the Facebook Group!
                  Join the Discord Server!

Comment

The grind of me catching it on tarmac still sends shudders down my spine!! I'd get it sorted and then drive like Miss Daisy for a while and then get complacent and then do it again. Drove me nuts!! Still if that Evo and 180 can get into the car park without trashing theirs, you should be fine. I'm really interested in what you get and how you get on, as I may do something similar, IF it works out OK.

Comment

Well I'm personally leaning towards the CSR, as it would go well with my paintjob. I'd like some RDX sideskirts too and the combination gives the best flowing line all round, but as I said, that's a long way off. I've been watching the skirts on amazon for a long time now, once they dropped to just £24 for about a day and I'm kicking myself for not ordering them there and then (about £190 now!! Checking daily hoping they'll drop to under £60). I know for a fact lots of members have got on well with the Triple R, but to me it's just a bit uninspiring.
                      Join the Facebook Group!
                      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Out of the 3 styles in the pics you have shown, I like the CSR best too, but I'm so new to this, I wouldn't use my opinion as I have no idea what I'm on about. Haha.

Comment

Not a fan of any particularly- had the Cupra one on mine and thought it looked pretty good. Bought for £30 on ebay.
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                            Not a fan of any particularly- had the Cupra one on mine and thought it looked pretty good. Bought for £30 on ebay.
                            Do you have a picture with it fitted on the DS3?
                            Join the Facebook Group!
                            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
                              Do you have a picture with it fitted on the DS3?
                              Oooo. Good question- will go have a look
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X