No announcement yet.

Advice on lowering heights please !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on lowering heights please !!!!

Hi all finally starting to change my ds3 dsport + hdi I'm just after some advice on lowering heights with spring and also pictures to see what they look like any help will be very appreciated thank you zach

DS3 THP155 with 35mm lowering springs :lemon:
    Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
    DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Cheers bud looks sweet ivery seen a 45mm all round set of springs do you know anyone running this set up ?

Comment

Usually peeps have slightly lower at the front for better traction- tipping the weight forward

Think mine were 25 back 35 front dropped
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

I would recommend coilovers...
          Because the DS3 has a very light back when you brake hard (the back tingles around) even on lowering springs.

Comment

When i considered coilovers or lowering springs, thought id get to the stage of setting the coilovers and never adjusting them. So went for cheaper option of springs.
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Go coilovers over springs every day of the week! coilovers you can lower without eating into travel of suspension and sag. Springs eat into travel and as such work poorly. when the car goes light it affects it even more because of the increase in sag.

If you want either give me a shout as i'm an authorised dealer for Eibach.
              I make cars go quicker then take photos of them.
              Genuine Alientech Kess V2 & K-Tag

Comment

Originally posted by charlesthetog View Post
                Go coilovers over springs every day of the week! coilovers you can lower without eating into travel of suspension and sag. Springs eat into travel and as such work poorly. when the car goes light it affects it even more because of the increase in sag.

If you want either give me a shout as i'm an authorised dealer for Eibach.
                Does Eibach do Coilovers for the DS3 THP then? Had Eibach lowered springs on mine, courtesy James at SPT
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                  Does Eibach do Coilovers for the DS3 THP then? Had Eibach lowered springs on mine, courtesy James at SPT
                  They do indeed, upto a 45mm drop on the front and upto a 40mm drop on the rear. Drop me a PM if you are interested as I offer discount for club members.

Comment

The coilovers are called "Eibach ProStreet S". They use the the KW V1 shock absorber and Eibach springs

Comment

Liked the look of the BC Coilovers, but they were around £900 supplied and fitted whereas the springs were on £200

Saved all thatcrawling around on the floor adjusting them
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                        Liked the look of the BC Coilovers, but they were around £900 supplied and fitted whereas the springs were on £200

Saved all thatcrawling around on the floor adjusting them
                        The Eibach Pro street s coilovers kit is slightly cheaper at £823 RRP like I said though, I offer discount to club members.

Comment

You pay 700 GBP when you search on ebay (+ shipping from Germany)

Comment

Originally posted by Shiro View Post
                            You pay 700 GBP when you search on ebay (+ shipping from Germany)
                            Link? As I've just looked and due to the exchange rate they're more expensive than they are in the UK!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesthetog View Post
                              Link? As I've just looked and due to the exchange rate they're more expensive than they are in the UK!
                              http://www.ebay.de/itm/Eibach-Pro-St...4AAOSw0fhXmbvf

Comment

Working...
                              X