Does this look a normal reading?

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	368240
    Cheers
    sigpic

Well I believe Jamie at SP Tuning has mentioned 19-20p.s.i. as a good peak boost pressure,my eHDI went up to 22 then 23p.s.i. and fault codes for M.A.F. Sensor and Overboost showed up,luckily Liam reset my Fault light when( I was at Trax) on the dashboard by disconnecting my battery then reconnecting again. Also re-read for faults using Torque Pro app and the Overboost fault has righted itself now so there are no faults stored on the E.C.U. The lesson for me was to let the engine warm up and don`t over-rev or push the engine beyond 22p.s.i peak boost.
    Last edited by JEZDS3; 16-10-2016, 13:21.
    LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Is yours mapped?
      sigpic

Comment

Jez has a quantum blue map
        ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Thanks Ben,just got back from walking our dogs,so away from the web for a while.T.b.h I was warned by car enthusiasts that an Induction Kit can mess with the M.A.F. sensor.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
            Jez has a quantum blue map
            Mine was mapped by jamie, just wondering of those pressures are bang on for a mapped THP.
            sigpic

Comment

Don`t know if your figures are bang on but I know 23p.s.i peak boost is too high,hence the overboost fault warning I had. However, 20p.s.i would be an acceptable peak boost.

sigpic

Comment

I`m sure Jamie could elaborate on the ideal peak boost figures for his remapped T.H.P. and H.D.I. engines with DS3`s.

sigpic

Comment

Torque Pro Boost Pressure

A THP won't boost exactly the same on every pull.
                  Also it will differ gear to gear...
                  For a standard car I'd generally go for a peak boost of around 1.2bar which tapers down to 0.90bar at high rpm. Our THP has what's called an "overboost" feature. This is activated under certain load conditions, when allowed it basically increases boost by factoring requested load values by 1.0 - 1.14 depending on current rpm.
                  For 110hdi, these boost through the roof in stock form, just under 1.6bar peak.
                  For stage 1 remap I only go for 60mbar increase on peak boost.
                  This in turn limits how much extra fuel we can actually inject to get more power.
                  Jez, if your limping out with overboost fault it's because your hitting 1.8bar for prolonged amounts of time triggering limp. If I remember the maps correctly I think the threshold is +200mbar above specified boost for 3 seconds or so too many occurances within a specified time window will activate DTC error.
                  To log boost you need a long straight flat clear road, use 3rd or 4th gear. I find 3rd gear is best as top speed is already 100mph@6500rpm in a THP.
                  Slow the car down in preferred gear so rpm is around 1400-1500rpm, start log on device, floor it until max rpmis reached. It's important you don't lift off all way through rev range. End the log as soon you can.
                  If you use the exact same stretch of road for every log it will help with your comparisons afterwards.
                  Last edited by Jamie@SPTuning; 16-10-2016, 21:47.
                  White on red THP
                  Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Thanks for the info Jamie ,that explains the reasons for my fault very clearly,I have developed some sympathy for my engine in the meantime by not pushing it too far and keeping an eye on the boost pressure.

sigpic

Comment

So jamie, what is the value on the graph above (15?), those run where in 2nd from 20mph to 70mph.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ok someone please enlighten me as to what this holiday thing is all about -_-
                        ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                        Join the Facebook Group!
                        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

A Joke?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drummond Base View Post
                            So jamie, what is the value on the graph above (15?), those run where in 2nd from 20mph to 70mph.
                            Your 15 is pressure in psi...so this equates to 1.034bar in new money. Retest in 3rd 1500rpm - 6000rpm, you'll see the actual boost is more in each gear. You should hit 1.15bar in 4th
                            White on red THP
                            Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Working...
                            X