1.6 THP 156 Centre Silencer Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.6 THP 156 Centre Silencer Removal

Just wondering whether anyone has replaced the centre silencer on a THP to a straight pipe, from cat to standard backbox?
    If so, have you got a video of the sound?

Looking to make my :ds3: sound a bit more beefy without it sounding like a fart can! (dont want people to think its another Corsa B driving by!!!)

A Mechanic from work owns a RCZ THP and he has done the same and his RCZ sounds brilliant:cool:. Only thing being, his is a 200 bhp.
    so guessing the sound would be different?

Looking to start the mini project in a few weeks..

Thanks!

Phav

It will sound like the DS3 Racing [Click]
    Why? Because the Racing has no Centre Silencer :cool:
    Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
    DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Liam might have? (Dangerousfish) Not sure what he did before the car gave up, it's been awhile since I listed the mods.

His did sound good though!
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Are you 100% sure about this ? You got me really excited about doing this Does anybody know if there are problems at the MOT after doing this ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jero View Post
          Are you 100% sure about this ? You got me really excited about doing this Does anybody know if there are problems at the MOT after doing this ?
          This shouldn't jeopardise any MOT issues as it's just a resonator box. Doesn't effect emissions [emoji2] currently in the process of ordering a short exhaust pipe of eBay (no more than £20 for stainless steel) and two sleeves [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well after i saw this video https://youtu.be/wMGXWtuY234 i got really pumped up and i went and did it. I payed 28 euros and the mechanic cut it out and replaced it with a normal pipe. When i first started it made wuite a nice burble, but the sound overall is underwhelming. id say it makes it like 5 % louder and it makes a deeper sound at lower revs. its got a really deep sound when you get it to about 2900-3000 rpm and release the gas. I might put a remus rear silencer in the summer (300 euros). My dream is the milltek exhaust but after i got the quote for 1200 euros for the whole dead or 600 euros for the rear silencer only i nearly had a heart attack . Well in the end id say it was worth it, but dont expect much if you do it.

Comment

Well after i saw this video https://youtu.be/wMGXWtuY234 i got really pumped up and i went and did it. I payed 28 euros and the mechanic cut it out and replaced it with a normal pipe. When i first started it made wuite a nice burble, but the sound overall is underwhelming. id say it makes it like 5 % louder and it makes a deeper sound at lower revs. its got a really deep sound when you get it to about 2900-3000 rpm and release the gas. I might put a remus rear silencer in the summer (300 euros). My dream is the milltek exhaust but after i got the quote for 1200 euros for the whole dead or 600 euros for the rear silencer only i nearly had a heart attack . Well in the end id say it was worth it, but dont expect much if you do it.
              Sweet!! Have you got a video of your DS3? Would love to hear how it sounds! Hopefully if my car gets back on the road I will be able to do the same! Thinking Miltek cat back...

Comment

Originally posted by PSAPhav View Post
                Sweet!! Have you got a video of your DS3? Would love to hear how it sounds! Hopefully if my car gets back on the road I will be able to do the same! Thinking Miltek cat back...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOkInYsCixM

I will do another video asap with the gas pedal pressed when i start it so you can hear the backfire. I dont have a go pro or something so i could record when i drive.

Comment

I will do another video asap with the gas pedal pressed when i start it so you can hear the backfire. I dont have a go pro or something so i could record when i drive.
                  Video set to private, Jero.
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Sorry, try again

Comment

Sounds great!

Can't wait until I'm able to do this to my DS3. Waiting for Citroen to replace the engine first

Comment

My dream is the milltek exhaust but after i got the quote for 1200 euros for the whole dead or 600 euros for the rear silencer only i nearly had a heart attack .
                        I have a full Milltech, sounds nice, il link to a vid in a bit.
                        sigpic

Comment

http://vid1357.photobucket.com/album...psawew0gpm.mp4
                          My Milltech exhaust under acceleration, obviously turn the sound up
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drummond Base View Post
                            http://vid1357.photobucket.com/album...psawew0gpm.mp4
                            My Milltech exhaust under acceleration, obviously turn the sound up
                            Nice! Is that a full system? Resonated or non resonated?

Comment

Originally posted by PSAPhav View Post
                              Nice! Is that a full system? Resonated or non resonated?

Full, and the less noisy one.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X