LED number plate upgrade worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED number plate upgrade worth it?

I am thinking of getting some led for my number plate, but was wondering are they worth the upgrade?

Also are they easy to fit and are these the correct ones to get?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2626987276...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

IIRC the lens cap for the reg light bulb should just pop off and can be replaced with a W5W CANBUS LED. Those are cheaper than the ones you've linked to.

Check you can remove the cover before ordering anything though.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Can these be used for the boot light and foot wells on the ds3?

Comment

Originally posted by Youngey View Post
        Can these be used for the boot light and foot wells on the ds3?
        W5W's or the ones you've linked? One assumes you've already ordered them?
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I have not ordered any yet, but i mean the W5W's. Surely the interior light would be the same as the number plate light right?

Comment

Originally posted by Youngey View Post
            I have not ordered any yet, but i mean the W5W's. Surely the interior light would be the same as the number plate light right?
            As far as I remember the sidelights, rear lights, boot lights, etc.. are all W5W. Best spending two or three minutes confirming though.
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Personally I wouldn't fit LED number plate lights - they will be much brighter than filament bulbs, so there's a risk of dazzling other drivers.

On the other hand, I've fiitted LED boot & reversing lights. Well worth it, particularly the reversing light - I can now actually see that it's switched on!

Comment

I want to get some red leds for the footwells, would these work?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-Red-W5W...sAAOSwiYFXJizB

or would i be better with canbus leds?

Comment

If they don't specifically state that they are Canbus compatible they will most likely produce an error code.

Comment

Working...
                  X