Mapped 155 to 190

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapped 155 to 190

Hi guys, had my 155 mapped to about 190, got a new air intake kit and back box on there just so it sounds a bit nicer, in love with the car and can't stop myself from wanting to keep adding to it, I'm currently looking for uprated ignition coil packs and I'm struggling like hell to find anything. I've been told that I could put coils from another car in (for example some vw use audi r8 coil packs) but I have no idea what I would get, they're the pencil type coils obviously, was wondering if anyone had done this or if anyone knew what to get? Thanks

Welcome, with regard to spark plugs, have you considered those from the Peugeot RCZ-R? Same THP engine, iridium plugs. I think they might be what the DS3 Racing has too.

As for other things, catback/full exhaust, suspension, FMIC, hybrid turbo, brake upgrade etc. will all complement your current mods nicely. Especially the intercooler, since the stock one is fairly small.

Depends just how wild you want to go with it!
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Thank you, So if I chucked in the rcz plugs and got the coils too, do you think that would be adequate? Plus, could you advise me somewhere to buy them online?
      Plus, I'm thinking of doing quite a bit to it, possibly get enough done to it to get to stage 3 remap, however, will cost a lot of money so it will be something I do over a few years.
      I've bought a cheap back box which is on now and sounds lovely, but, I think I'm going to save up the funds for a Cobra Sport kit. That'll probably be the next step.
      Last edited by Bradato; 12-01-2017, 16:39.

Comment

I really don't know where to buy them online :/

You can try Demon Tweeks or other suppliers like that, or maybe even Ebay tbh.

I don't think the plugs/coils will improve performance, but they will last much longer and resist coking much better, so you're less likely to have misfires.

Check out Albish and Jamie's builds, they both have a lot of power and a lot of internals upgraded.
        ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

okada projects plasma direct ignition coils, I got mine from a friend in the US out of his wrecked Mini but found these guys in UK sure their are others though. https://orranje.co.uk/product/okadai...r-2nd-gen-mini
          Last edited by cyclone; 13-01-2017, 17:11.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

But why do you want to upgrade your coilpack?
            Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
            DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by Shiro View Post
              But why do you want to upgrade your coilpack?
              It was recommended by the company that remapped the car, however, I just got premium sparks to start with which sorted a misfire which was a result from the map, thought I'd do the coils as it was recommended, if it doesn't really matter I'll leave it be, the car runs fine tbh, just didn't want any other problems arising.

Comment

you can have 300HP with the OEM Coilpack without problems
                Misfiring could be caused by coked Valves

Comment

The misfire is sorted now, was simply a change of sparks, the originals weren't good enough, was going to just change the coils since it was recommended, however, I don't really see the point now if the original ones are good enough. I'm just going to save up for a proper exhaust system and then the breaks probably.

Comment

you should save for an Intercooler, not for brakes (if they are still ok)
                    The OEM one is way to small...

Comment

Working...
                    X