reliable power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reliable power

I have just got a dsport + 155 thp and am looking at upgrades does anyone know of things that can be done to get a reliable 240-250 bhp

Hi, there's been loads of similar questions asked recently, have a browse of the mods section and some of the hardcore builds in the work in progress section (e.g. Jamie, Albish) and there's a ton of ideas and info there.

Long and short of it, stock turbo won't hit the numbers you're after. Again there's an almost identical thread about it that was posted a few days ago.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

new cat or remove it, exhaust, intercooler, turbo, intake, duel catch cans, water/methanol injection would be good too, forged pistons, a intake port and valve cleaning while the engine is apart, maybe a new timing chain kit, A good tune so it dosn't all blow up some guages to monitor stuff, sure I am forgetting stuff.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

would the timing chain and value cleaning be necessary as the car has only done 20k

Comment

Chain can be measured, valves can be looked at when you take the head off to do pistons but it is enough miles that you should be getting some buildup that should be taken care of. Even if decide not to take the engine apart you could still get a walnut blast. But without those forged pistons reliability will be not so sure.
          Last edited by cyclone; 18-01-2017, 16:26.

Comment

oh going to fit a catch can asap just need to find one I like the look of

Comment

2 catch cans. 1 for side and one for back that needs to be able to hold whatever manifold pressure you run with the new turbo.
              Last edited by cyclone; 18-01-2017, 16:31.

Comment

is they're one you would recommend don't like the look of the forge one

Comment

I and at least 1 other person here use the BSH catch can. I also like the radiums duel can setup I would use this next time around but happy with the one I have now. A bunch of people are using the Saikoumichi can too.

Comment

You need a bigger turbo (Frankenstein Turbo is a good example) :cool:
                    + Intercooler + Exhaust system (with Sport cat or with no cat) + Decoke the valves + ROZ98 Gasoline
                    Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
                    DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by fridgeman93 View Post
                      would the timing chain and value cleaning be necessary as the car has only done 20k
                      mine went in on just over 19k under warranty for vlave clean (It had been mapped tho)
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                        mine went in on just over 19k under warranty for vlave clean (It had been mapped tho)
                        Hi Chris
                        Did the Citroen garage readily accept that was the problem? What were the symptons? Do most dealers have those 'walnut blasters' now?
                        Cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X