Daytime running lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytime running lights

On tbe day time running lights i think they're so smart but im wondering if i can change the colour of them, either by removing and replacing tbe L.E.Ds or a whole new unit? Any reply would be great

Hiya, I've definitely seen it done, I think it was by taking the unit out then switching the LEDs. Sorry I can't help any further than that, but someone will know more. Just bear in mind what colours are legal as replacements.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

You can easily change the colour with tint film, no need to take them out. Yellow is the only other legal colour though IIRC.
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by Smudgecookie View Post
        On tbe day time running lights i think they're so smart but im wondering if i can change the colour of them, either by removing and replacing tbe L.E.Ds or a whole new unit? Any reply would be great
        Try looking at this? Not sure if it would help though
        http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....ating-DRL-LEDs

Comment

Is it only yellow that is legal? I couldnt change to green or something?

Comment

Thank you so much for your help, ill probably just take a side off amd see how difficult they are to change

Comment

Is it only yellow that is legal? I couldnt change to green or something?
              Green is for doctors' cars.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Green is for doctors' cars.
                So im guessing red and blue are out of the picture too? I dont fancy yellow, i have a white ds3 and think yellow will make it look dirty

Comment

...So im guessing red and blue are out of the picture too?...
                  Unless you enjoy prison food...

Depending on how "crafty" you are you could made covers to go over the LED lights for use at shows/display/photos which could then be removed for road use. Same sort of idea as Show Plates.
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                    Unless you enjoy prison food...

Depending on how "crafty" you are you could made covers to go over the LED lights for use at shows/display/photos which could then be removed for road use. Same sort of idea as Show Plates.
                    HAHAHAHAHA Never tried prison food and dont plan it haha, what about purple? I was thinking like that coloured plastic paper to stick over it but its the messing round haha i want to xhange the colour and leave it be

Comment

I know blue is illegal although I see so many artics lit up like a Xmas tree

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
                        I know blue is illegal although I see so many artics lit up like a Xmas tree
                        Not sure if anybody on here has tried to fit a Scania light to their DS3...
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                        X