Mod Book Chapter - Lowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod Book Chapter - Lowering

Please use this thread to post your thoughts, photo's products links, info and ideas here

Links to your build thread, before and after photos and so on

This thread will be listed in the index - HERE
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

If anyone is wondering how low to go and wants to see how 35mm lowering springs look..
    (H&R springs, art.nr. 29112-1)

The ride was firm, but still OK (for me). Felt much better in corners. No real problems on normal bumps or driveways, only the front mudflaps would scrape when driving over sleeping policemen. But if you don't have the mudflaps, no problems at all!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-03-29 18.55.34.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	360887

Name:	2016-03-29 18.55.50.jpg
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	360888

Name:	2016-03-29 18.56.13.jpg
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	360889

RIP DS3

Comment

I chopped my springs

Comment

Originally posted by Oli View Post
        I chopped my springs
        All a Fiesta is worth.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

What about the dampers? When i look around, people talk about the dampers being worn out quite fast.
          So im a bit hessitant about Lowering it

Comment

Originally posted by Thomasfof View Post
            What about the dampers? When i look around, people talk about the dampers being worn out quite fast.
            So im a bit hessitant about Lowering it
            Then get new ones! The actual work involved is the same as they have to come out to change the spring. It is really just the added cost of parts. But if they are worn anyway. When you go fairly low shocks with a shorter cut down pistons are availible from the aftermarket. Otherwise with mild lowering, stock or stock replacement with stiffer valving would be fine.

Comment

Anyone got any more info to add?
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Thanks for posting that pic FLT. I was actually thinking this morning of lowering my ds3. And was going for the same springs u got. Could I ask how much it costed in total? And also lad I got a custom exhaust just recently.. that won't scrape on the floor will it? Also what do you reckon about how it looks? Just from your opinion I mean I think it looks good but wanted to know what you thought

Comment

It made the car look so much better imo! I was very happy with it.
                  I paid €410 total. Springs + fitting + certificates (we need certificates for everything here in Belgium).
                  I don't think a custom exhaust will scrape. I don't know how much lower it is than the standard exhaust, but it would have to be a fair amount lower for it to scrape.

Comment

FLP, little question. Even with certificate you will need a special mot as far as i can remember ? I fitted racing springs and they we're bugging me about it. But the citroen stickers on the dampners made them look the other way.
                    You can't even install the ones that are height ajustable, they won't even mot that with certificate.

Comment

Hmmm so it may be a little cheaper in the UK. I'm gonna have a look into it. So from your opinion nothing should scrape. What about going over speed bumps? Or parking up on a gutter?

Comment

Find a time of day when not many people are about, stop right over the speed bump that worries you the most, look under the car and estimate how much clearance you have and how much you can lower the car.

Comment

Originally posted by V3nn3tj3 View Post
                          FLP, little question. Even with certificate you will need a special mot as far as i can remember ? I fitted racing springs and they we're bugging me about it. But the citroen stickers on the dampners made them look the other way.
                          You can't even install the ones that are height ajustable, they won't even mot that with certificate.
                          Yes indeed, you need to do a special MOT "Keuring na ongeval" more specifically the one where they check the alignment. You also need to be able to clear a plank with a height of 9cm, if you hit it, the car is too low to be legal. When you pass all that you get a Tuning Rapport, which must be added to the papers of the car. From then on you can do the normal MOT's.
                          In reality most people don't go and get the tuning rapport until they have to go for their first MOT after 4 years.
                          For all the confused people reading this. This is for Belgium. If you're not Belgian, ignore all of this
                          Last edited by FLP; 23-06-2017, 12:01.

Comment

Working...
                          X