Plasti dip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plasti dip

Ok any one used it, is it easy to good, is it durable does it survive a jet wash.

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
    Ok any one used it, is it easy to good, is it durable does it survive a jet wash.
    No, no and no! I've tried it, it started peeling off in less then a month, jet wash destroys them completely, and then it was pain in the ... to remove them, i wouldn't recommend it.
    DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Thanks albish was gonna have a little dabble, watched a few clips on you tube but want sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Used it loads times. I never jetwashed, but did my front grill amongst other things, and it never came off. A few stone chips as per usual

If you use it on wheels, then really must use the clear topcoat, as a fixative. You can get Matt clear coat too

For the price, a good product

Even used a fair bit on my Golf.
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Cheers Chris might do a tester

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Applied over 4 years ago on front and side chrome and starting too look a little ratty now, stone chips and such. Need to remove and reapply it this summer. Never peeled with jet washes in all that time.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

From what I've read, it works pretty well but you do need to add quite a few layers to get a decent thick coat. If you only use 1-2 layers, it goes really shitty and is difficult to remove.

One thing to note, if you use the clear topcoat, it becomes permanent IIRC. If you don't use it then it will peel off and the thicker the coat the easier to peel it is.
              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Thanks guys will give it a spin

Comment

I've only heard good things

But with any change you just adapt the way you would have done things on the paintwork. If you jet wash the car, don't apply loads of pressure/use flat on to the covered area's - much the same as I do with my car and where the decals are.
                  My DS3R3... nearly....
                  New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
                  X