Sports cat advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports cat advice

Hi all, my THP upgrade adventure is going well.
    Bought a dilapidated 2013 plate that had on a forecourt for nearly a year, felt very sorry for it. Got about 1000 pound discount and set to work giving it some TLC
    Had it remapped to 190bhp, walnut blast, replaced the stock hpfp, iridium plugs, replaced the coils, and did air induction. I've just dealt with the recirculation valve using vw internals and an uprated Alta spring.

Peak boost is 1.3 bar now, 0-60 around 6.5, noise from the engine and turbo is great.

So next step is the exhaust. I've decided I'm going to get the SSXCN104 black tips from milltek but I'm confused about the sports cat.
    I know that sports cat is important, I'm not going to go decat due to MOT issues. Does anyone know the difference between SSXPE112 and SSXPE101 except one is two hundred pounds less!?

Does anyone know of any other decent sports cats that will pass MOT and not keep throwing warning lights? I'm tempted just to go milltek all the way though.

Thanks for any advice

Dan
    DS3 THP 155 - stage 2+ remap, milltek sports cat and non resonated exhaust system, airtec FM intercooler and alloy boost pipes, induction kit. Mtech short shifter, VAG recirculation valve with uprated alta spring, uprated hpfp, uprated spark plugs, uprated coil pack, VTA twin pcv to filtered catch can, uprated Sachs clutch, ebc brake pads and vented discs, LED interior lighting, rcz gearknob, Michelin pilot sport 4s, iridium spark plugs

Originally posted by Sirdan555 View Post

So next step is the exhaust. I've decided I'm going to get the SSXCN104 black tips from milltek but I'm confused about the sports cat.
    I know that sports cat is important, I'm not going to go decat due to MOT issues. Does anyone know the difference between SSXPE112 and SSXPE101 except one is two hundred pounds less!?

Dan
    One has a HJS cat element (a good thing) and is ECE approved (not sure if this makes a difference for the UK). The other probably has some generic low restriction cat element that doesn't work as a cat very well but is free flowing hence Race/Track only label and need a "stage 2 remap" whatever that actually means to them. I would bet just 100% guaranteed to throw a cell so needs to be programed out.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Sounds like a good reason to spend extra money then!
      DS3 THP 155 - stage 2+ remap, milltek sports cat and non resonated exhaust system, airtec FM intercooler and alloy boost pipes, induction kit. Mtech short shifter, VAG recirculation valve with uprated alta spring, uprated hpfp, uprated spark plugs, uprated coil pack, VTA twin pcv to filtered catch can, uprated Sachs clutch, ebc brake pads and vented discs, LED interior lighting, rcz gearknob, Michelin pilot sport 4s, iridium spark plugs

Comment

Have miltek all the way though sounds fantastic much louder after having just cat back for 6 months thoroughly recommend it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

That's great to hear! Did you go for the HJS cat and downpipe from milltek (ssxpe112) or the SSXPE101?
          I'm definitely going milltek for the whole system, just not sure which of the two downpipe and sportscat options they have is best. So far it sounds like the HJS one is perhaps worth the extra 200 quid? But they seem rare in the UK, so I'm guessing most people have gone with the SSXPE101?
          Dan

Comment

Have a chat with Jamie @ SPTuning. he fitted an HTC sports cat for me a few year back. 200cspi

Gained about 8 BHP
            Never showed an EML
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

I'd definitely go to Jamie, but he's a days drive away unfortunately!

Comment

He can still offer some advice 😊

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
                My DS3R3... nearly....
                New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Good friend of mine has a 100 cpsi cat downpipe in his DS3 Racing (stock software) and no problems with the EML
                  Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
                  DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Working...
                  X