Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HID kits (poor man's - or woman's - xenons)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't bother with the night breakers, you'll go through that many they're just not worth it. Look at buying a set of LED bulbs. Massive improvement and last forever

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I used Nightbreaker Plus/Unlimited for the three years I owned my DS3, each set of main beams, not full (which lasted the full three years as they are used less), last on average 12m. As they are so easy to swap out that didn't bother me for the benefit of the brighter light and no risk to the cars warranty by fitting unapproved light units like the HID kits
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
        I used Nightbreaker Plus/Unlimited for the three years I owned my DS3, each set of main beams, not full (which lasted the full three years as they are used less), last on average 12m. As they are so easy to swap out that didn't bother me for the benefit of the brighter light and no risk to the cars warranty by fitting unapproved light units like the HID kits
        Thanks for letting me know. I've ordered the Night Breakers now. They're not that expensive to have to replace once a year. Probably I'll get more out of them than that since I probably only go out once a week in the dark and only in the winter months. I'm a real advert for driving (not).
        "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
        https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

Originally posted by Smithy225 View Post
          Don't bother with the night breakers, you'll go through that many they're just not worth it. Look at buying a set of LED bulbs. Massive improvement and last forever

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
          Thanks for the advice - already done it...we'll see.
          "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
          https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

Originally posted by Jo67 View Post
            Thanks for letting me know. I've ordered the Night Breakers now. They're not that expensive to have to replace once a year. Probably I'll get more out of them than that since I probably only go out once a week in the dark and only in the winter months. I'm a real advert for driving (not).
            No worries, I kept a spare set of the main lights so that when one blew I could refit straight away To me they were well worth the money for extra visibility.
            sigpic

Comment

Sorry to drag an old thread up but I saw some other post about the three(?) sets of bulbs I'd need when changing mine.

OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED H7, halogen-headlamp bulb, 64210NBU-HCB, 12V, duo box (Pack of 2)
              OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED H1, halogen-headlamp bulb, 64150NBU-HCB, 12V, duo box (Pack of 2)
              Osram 2825UHCBI-02B W5W Halogen, Position and Number Plate Light, , 12V, Cool Blue Intense, Double Blister

Berch mentions the H7 for the lights.
              Could someone be super kind and list/link the exact correct bulbs I'd need to change the front head lights (dipped, high and tail/side lights) as well as the license plate ones.
              I was considering LEDs for the license plates as well if anyone knows anything??

Sorry to be a pest!
              ST

Comment

H7 dipped
                H1 main beam
                5W5 side and number plate
                Can also find full led units on eBay for number plates, just do a search for DS3 led number plate.

And in relation to the thread title, do not put HID bulbs in reflector lights, it WILL glare and dazzle other drivers

Comment

^ Good advice, sadly a lot of the chavs round my work don't follow this advice...
                  sigpic

Comment

Ordered. Making the most of the Amazon Prime free trial :P

Comment

If you ever need it Osram do a tool that helps you pick the right replacement lights for your vehicle

https://am-application.osram.info/en
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                        If you ever need it Osram do a tool that helps you pick the right replacement lights for your vehicle

https://am-application.osram.info/en
                        Pfft I knew that really... :eek:

Comment

I have a question. I am really interested in buying nightbrakers, but what about their's life span? I have C3 II now, but every Citroen I know always had problems with it. In mine, main light bulbs are breaking aproximately every 6 months and if so, i can't afford OSRAM

Comment

My low beam Nightbreakers lasted on average 12m over the three years I had the car...
                            sigpic

Comment

Right, so maybe it's worth trying. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X