Remap advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remap advice

Hello all, I have a DS3 1.6 e-HDi Airdream DStyle Plus , its 90hp, I need info as regards to is this worth re-mapping? is it easy to do? what HP will I get and will it damage engine?

Can this be done via the OBD port?

Its the 2013 model if that matters.

Many thanks!

Remap will get you to about 120bhp, not sure about torque. Nothing that will kill the engine or clutch.

If you get one, SPTuning is the best place to go, if you can't make it that far then any other mapper with a good reputation. Expect to pay £250-300.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Thanks. so those ones you plug in dont work? sorry I forget the name, ecu? or some such. I will look up SPtuning tho thanks!

Comment

Yeh as Ben says you will get approx 120bhp and around 280 for your torque. SPTuning is defo the best place to go as our resident expert Jamie is the Top Dog at DS3 remaps. It's all on the SPTuning website.
        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Plug-ins like bluefin or chiptuners will work I believe, but a tailored map will ensure your car is running at the best performance for its own unique engine characteristics that come from production line variation in parts, age, wear, fuel brand used, etc.

The plug-ins are generic to the engine type and so won't get the most out of your specific car or keep it running as smoothly as a properly done remap. (Plus Jamie can do a vehicle health check beforehand, with before and after dyno readouts)
          ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
          Join the Facebook Group!
          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Jamie at SP Tuning did two mine - great results, top bloke and no issues...

Don't forget to tell your insurance though
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X