Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Front End + other little bits

Hey all,

Been thinking about getting the newer style front end for a little while now the only thing really stopping me was insurance costs, however when ringing up my insurance (Churchill) to find out exactly what the cost would be, I was told that because of the type of change and it just being from a newer model I wouldn't actually have to pay anything, but would have to inform them I have done it straight away so they can add it to their system should I ever need to make a claim. At this point I was convinced to get one but the hard part at this point was trying to find one for my car colour, found a white one, red one, yellow one and a blue one on eBay and eventually after 2-3 weeks of looking each day I saw one and immediately went to view it and purchased it and after what turned out to be really fiddly I got it fitted this afternoon..

Some pictures, including a before and after..

Also decided to switch out the center alloy caps from the Citroen ones to the DS ones, turns out was a good idea as well as the Citroen ones were surprisingly worn and corroded behind from where they were taking off the alloys that were corroded.

I ordered a chrome trim that goes under the rear window from Callum at Arburys Citroen a little while ago and finally got that fitted too.

And lately fitted the DS3 pedals..

Overall a pretty productive day and I'm happy, although please do ignore the state of the car, it's really messy, especially my mats, due for a good clean tomorrow!

Car looks great now!
    LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Great transformation! You should compile all your bits so far into a work in progress thread, as I'm sure there will be more to come
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Awesome stuff Berch mate. You have basically given your :ds3: a full facelift with the lights and front end. Looks really good and I like the caps, strip and pedals. Really nice job.
        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Thanks all, really loving the :ds3:, glad I got one and look forward to looking after it for the next few years and thanks for all the kind comments! Also Ben there would be quite a bit more if it wasn't for the fact I haven't even been driving a year and my insurance already costs me just over £2000, I imagine that would rapidly start to increase with some of the other modifications I'd like to do, like 207 GTi seats, splitter and spoiler etc..

Comment

Happy to live in Germany when I see what the premiums are in GB :Joni:
            Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
            DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Hi there,

Where do you get the pedals?

Comment

Originally posted by Berch View Post
                I imagine that would rapidly start to increase with some of the other modifications I'd like to do, like 207 GTi seats, splitter and spoiler etc..
                Hmm yeah I figured my seats are still technically stock, as they're in the Racing (with a better trim though). They have the same side airbags and sit on the same rails so it's not like they're less safe or functional.

Splitter I did check and they just said nope lol. Even with 5 years holding a license, some insurers are still awkward about things. Still, my insurance is about £800 because I've only owned my own car to build NCD for just under 2 years
                Join the Facebook Group!
                Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by Azizul.hasrin View Post
                  Hi there,

Where do you get the pedals?
                  On Ebay, here

(or slightly different here)
                  Join the Facebook Group!
                  Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Thanks.

Btw, your car looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Azizul.hasrin View Post
                      Thanks.

Btw, your car looks great.
                      You're welcome, and thanks!
                      Join the Facebook Group!
                      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Looking good mate

Comment

Excellent work!

This is my DS3 which came with the new front lights. I've now debadged the rear, removing the DS3 at the bottom right, which I think looks way better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSPdebadge2017.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	361085

Comment

Originally posted by TypeDS3 View Post
                            Excellent work!

This is my DS3 which came with the new front lights. I've now debadged the rear, removing the DS3 at the bottom right, which I think looks way better.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14277[/ATTACH]
                            Looking good, quite a few people debadge the back, which does look nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Especially with the new ones where they could have just removed the Citroen type but decided they needed a new badge making it the DS DS 3, which while technically correct, reads awfully.
                              Join the Facebook Group!
                              Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Working...
                              X