Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 DS3 performance mods

Hi,

I am a noob here and probably somebody has asked this before on another thread. If there is, i am sorry. But i was wondering if anybody here has modded their DS3 Performance. If yes, what has been done? As i am looking to upgrade a few things but am not too sure if the current performance parts would fit the new DS3 performance. For example, i have email one of the induction kit maker about the current induction kit they have to see if it fits the new DS3 performance and according to them. It doesnt. So i am all out of ideas in how much i can mod the car. Any help would be great. Thanx and again. Sorry if there is an another thread already created. Cheers

A good first mod would be a big front mount intercooler, either the Seat Sport Cupra one, or the Airtec one made for the DS3. They will help keep your intake temperatures down as the stock intercooler is pretty small.

You'll probably want a bigger exhaust with less restrictive silencers (or no silencers) and maybe a sports cat or decat.

A remap at that stage will give you some extra beans, the forum's go-to is SPTuning if you're in the UK (we do get a lot of European members, and even as far as Australia!)

If you have money to spend and want to have much better reliability against possible engine problems with the extra power you'll be adding, then forged pistons, rods, pins, cams etc. is a worthwhile investment.

Then you might want to get a bigger turbo, upgraded injectors and spark plugs/coil packs, fuel pump, cam profiles etc.

Here's a good build thread for inspiration: here
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

For engine mods, look at the guys from the 208 GTi community. The DS3 Performance is engine wise a 208 GTi by Peugeot Sport (because of the LSD).
      And the Performance has a different engine than the Racing. The Racing has a modified 207 GTi engine (THP175), the Performance is a real THP200 like the 208 GTi.
      Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
      DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Hey again guys, 2 questions please.
        1. Has anyone here installed the TMSR2 induction kit from comkotes tuning? If yes, any reviews on it?
        2. Between the GFB dv+ and forge blow off valve. Which is better?
        Cheers guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Azizul.hasrin View Post
          Hey again guys, 2 questions please.
          1. Has anyone here installed the TMSR2 induction kit from comkotes tuning? If yes, any reviews on it?
          2. Between the GFB dv+ and forge blow off valve. Which is better?
          Cheers guys

Hi everyone. We begin testing for DS3 late next week. We developed a part so to fit our induction kit on the Citroen for a while now but only finished testing TMSR2 on the 308Gti a couple of weeks ago which all went well.

I will keep you updated. Thanks for everyones interest

Comment

Originally posted by Comkotes View Post
            Hi everyone. We begin testing for DS3 late next week. We developed a part so to fit our induction kit on the Citroen for a while now but only finished testing TMSR2 on the 308Gti a couple of weeks ago which all went well.

Great news! Cant wait for it. I will definitely get one once everything is good to go. Cheers

Comment

I just installed the forge BOV on my ds3. Question i have is ... is it normal to connect it to the vacuum instead of the boost connector. Sorry about the explaination. I am not that technical about engines and unable to explain it real well.

Comment

Originally posted by Comkotes View Post

Looking forward to the updates
                My DS3R3... nearly....
                New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Thank you for everyone patience, we did test TMSR2 in August and September 2017 on the Citroen DS3 (1.6 Turbo) , we hope to finish testing in November 17. The 200THP turbos have been producing 370-380nm with a TMSR2 which is great news. Even the stage 1's have been notching 370-376nm on stock intercooler all down to TMSR2

Comment

Working...
                  X