K&N vs Forge Induction kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K&N vs Forge Induction kit

Just a little back to back test I carried out today on a 2011 THP.
    The results speak for themselves.
    White on red THP
    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Owwwwww !!! The best result was from forge, right ?

Comment

Sorry, jamie, didnt saw the other part of the chart.

Comment

Nice to see the Forge is doing a little better (Made correct choise) :P

Is this with a stage 1 tune?

Comment

No car is standard with fresh service and intake clean.
          White on red THP
          Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Main difference is mid range, huge increase in torque.
            White on red THP

Comment

Woow! That are good numbers for a stock clean engine with only the Forge Induction kit.
              I have a Peugeot 208 1.6THP 155 which is the same engine.

Currently running a Stage 1 tune with forge BOV and induction kit.
              After wallnut blast (so clean engine and service) the car made 180HP.
              So this car does almost the same without a tune :O

Comment

A clean stage 1 with induction should be at least 190 I thought? Seems to be what most people claim. 190 on pure remap, 200ish with intake and exhaust, then more if you reinforce the internals, upgrade the cooling, and slap a bigger turbo on. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I've deduced from seeing other THP owners' threads.
                ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                Join the Facebook Group!
                Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Yeah, that was what I was expecting.
                  But looked like my Intercooler couldn't cool the car enough, so it was overheating.

Now I have also upgraded the intercooler and will add a larger downpipe with 200 cell sportcat and go stage 2 next week.
                  Will also plan for a new Dyno then to see the results .

Hopefully I hit around the 200HP

Comment

This did 204hp after around 3 hours on the dyno.
                    White on red THP

Comment

So the forge induction is giving 10+bhp on a standard clean car with out any remap? that's very good gains for an induction

Comment

When i have stage 3map on bmc air filter, and i decide to change for forge induction kit, it wouldnt provide any errors etc and ther will be no need to update software? I have thp156 on bosch 17.2 form 2014.

Comment

Jamie@SPTuning do you have a dyno with base numbers with stock air filter, also do you think that it needs like a heat shield for better results, i mena the forge kit.
                          when i installed it i got a perception of performance similar to what your graph shows with the forge one. but below those rpm it felt slower, by installing this do you think the offboost i mean
                          below 1400rpm the car gets slower or it is just my imagination kicking in

Comment

Working...
                          X