LED Strips in footwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Strips in footwell

Was planning on fitting some LED strip lights in the footwell with an on off toggle switch so they can be turned on and off whenever I want. Plan is to run cable through the trimm to the usb socket and splice into it and link in the toggle switch and mount it next to the usb and lighter socket. Was wondering if anyone knows a better way of doing this or if there is a +- wire i could splice into near the front drivers side instead taking into acount the on off switch. Dont want to lose whatever i splice intos functionality

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Originally posted by ghirlsingreen1 View Post
    Was planning on fitting some LED strip lights in the footwell with an on off toggle switch so they can be turned on and off whenever I want. Plan is to run cable through the trimm to the usb socket and splice into it and link in the toggle switch and mount it next to the usb and lighter socket. Was wondering if anyone knows a better way of doing this or if there is a +- wire i could splice into near the front drivers side instead taking into acount the on off switch. Dont want to lose whatever i splice intos functionality

Use the existing wires from the footwell lights, you can then have them set to come on when you have your side-lights on, or if you have auto-headlights these will illuminate the same time they're triggered.

Purple and green wire if I recall. Purple is live(switched).
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Have the same mod on my todo list. But instead of using the existing wires for the lights, i'll be using the wires of the overhead light so they come on when the door is opened but off when driving.
      Hate to have to dim the speedo light because i want them off when driving.

Comment

Also. Mine are 12v led light strips from the famous aliexpress .

Comment

Originally posted by V3nn3tj3 View Post
          Have the same mod on my todo list. But instead of using the existing wires for the lights, i'll be using the wires of the overhead light so they come on when the door is opened but off when driving.
          Hate to have to dim the speedo light because i want them off when driving.
          Thats why im going to install an on off switch so i can turn them on and off whenever i want.

Comment

Couldn't be arsed with turning them off and on. Has to be auto for me. But like the idea. Wouldn't split the 5v from the usb port though. Has very little power as it is. You'll need a 12v to 5v converter (4 euros at our chinees friends for a 3amp one).
            Are you using 5v led strips or 12v? And what color, just wondering as i'll be sticking to the plain orange to keep it all 'original'.

Comment

Was going to use 12v green leds. Maby splice into the lighter port then as im sure thats 12v. Dont use either of them anyway. Im no electrician but got the gist of what to connect where haha might blow myself up mind u.

Comment

Just fitted some myself. They look great, literally just unplugged the existing bulb and spliced the wires from these strips into the end instead. Five minute job each side.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170708_020605133.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	361181
                DS3 THP 155 - stage 2+ remap, milltek sports cat and non resonated exhaust system, airtec FM intercooler and alloy boost pipes, induction kit. Mtech short shifter, VAG recirculation valve with uprated alta spring, uprated hpfp, uprated spark plugs, uprated coil pack, VTA twin pcv to filtered catch can, uprated Sachs clutch, ebc brake pads and vented discs, LED interior lighting, rcz gearknob, Michelin pilot sport 4s, iridium spark plugs

Comment

Just need an rcz r gear knob and an audio upgrade and my interior is done
                  DS3 THP 155 - stage 2+ remap, milltek sports cat and non resonated exhaust system, airtec FM intercooler and alloy boost pipes, induction kit. Mtech short shifter, VAG recirculation valve with uprated alta spring, uprated hpfp, uprated spark plugs, uprated coil pack, VTA twin pcv to filtered catch can, uprated Sachs clutch, ebc brake pads and vented discs, LED interior lighting, rcz gearknob, Michelin pilot sport 4s, iridium spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by Sirdan555 View Post
                    Just fitted some myself. They look great, literally just unplugged the existing bulb and spliced the wires from these strips into the end instead. Five minute job each side.[ATTACH=CONFIG]14466[/ATTACH]
                    Thats the simple way to go about it but I want a toggle on off switch or I would just do it the way u described. Looks awesome tho

Comment

Agree, that would be much trickier unless you had a switch for each side!

Comment

Just fitted some myself. They look great, literally just unplugged the existing bulb and spliced the wires from these strips into the end instead. Five minute job each side.[ATTACH=CONFIG]14466[/ATTACH]
                        That looks pretty amazing gotta say. I really want to do this now!
                        Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
                        E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

That's looks awesome! Good work
                          DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14466[/ATTACH]
                            Jesus! Hoover that floor!!
                            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                            Bigfeet's File Repository
                            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Needs a full valet!

Comment

Working...
                              X