Some chrome bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some chrome bits

Have ordered the chrome grill plate along with the chrome inserts for the front and back lights. Once they're installed I'll get some piccies up. Looking forward to the extra bling!

Alright Rob,
    How much did they cost you in the end, and were they from the main dealer?
    Rich

Comment

Well I've been quoted £175, dunno if that includes the fitting mind, but if not, more than happy to give it a go myself based on what I've read on the other threads about putting these bits on, seems easy enough.

And yes, that's from my local dealer where I bought the motor from.

Comment

Blimey £175 !! I think I'll have to save up!!

Make sure you stick some pics up when it's done,

Cheers
        Rich

Comment

IrishBob....Fitting the Chrome bits is easy enuff...I have noticed my Chrome Grille has come unstuck slightly from the double sided sticky pads...It does say to glue the Chrome radiator Grille on the instructions which i never did.

I felt glueing it was a bit extreme...Kinda funny as Citroen say you need to get the Chrome back light caps fitted & not the Chrome radiator Grille.

I also noticed that there isn't many sticky pads on the front Chrome radiator Grille as there are on the back light caps....They stick on like shit to a blanket so be careful.

I would recommend you purchase a few more double sided sticky pads for your Chrome Radiator Grille to stop this from happening to yours if you decide to fit yourself without glueing.

I'm off to get some more for mine at me local car accessory store...

Hope this helps Clarky.

Comment

I have fitted these also, was a piece of cake. Haven't been able to make some pictures yet.
            I have ordered mine at www.citroen-auch.com The grille costs €57,80 including shipping to GB that would be €74,19 Sounds a little less than £175...
            They sell all accessoires with a 15%-20% discount, I was better off ordering them there than at my dealer. The site is in french only...

Comment

Originally posted by eendmans View Post
              I have fitted these also, was a piece of cake. Haven't been able to make some pictures yet.
              I have ordered mine at www.citroen-auch.com The grille costs €57,80 including shipping to GB that would be €74,19 Sounds a little less than £175...
              They sell all accessoires with a 15%-20% discount, I was better off ordering them there than at my dealer. The site is in french only...
              I think the £175 included the front and rear light surrounds as well, dont know what difference that would make to your price?

Rich.

Comment

Aye, the order is for the grill, the front and back inserts for the lights. On the conversion though, the full price in euros to pounds including the postage and 'extra' costs, still works out cheaper. But hey, that's just typical for me!

Ordered now anyway, will just plod on and cough up for the extra bling!

Comment

Ok dokey, got the chrome bits fitted today, just got the back lights, front light and grille piece at the front fitted. Looks the balls, especially after another scrub and shine last night.

Posting the before and after pics for comparison, certainly does make a lot of difference!
                  Attached Files

Comment

And the after...

Basically, if you're just putting your order in, I'd recommend enquiring about the extra chrome pack, there are quite a few extra inserts that can be added, I just got these three, but the full pack consists of a lot more. Worth a butchers!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by irishRob View Post
                      And the after...

Basically, if you're just putting your order in, I'd recommend enquiring about the extra chrome pack, there are quite a few extra inserts that can be added, I just got these three, but the full pack consists of a lot more. Worth a butchers!
                      nice rob.....thinking about the front grill aswel

Comment

Yeah, agreed, looks very good.

Comment

Can anyone explain this? I prefer this one to the one that just goes on the underneath bit. I think it looks more sporty. Any one know how to get this one?
                          Last edited by Gareth; 31-07-2010, 11:13.

Comment

The full surround is standard on the DSport, there must be two different parts.

Comment

The very first DSports didnt have these. But they finally caught on and realised they look far better with the full chrome around the grille

Comment

Working...
                              X