Alloygators - again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alloygators - again!

Have any of you guys bought Alloygators for your wheels yet? There have been a couple of threads on here about people intending to get them but I haven't seen any comments since.

Mine is a White edition with black Bellone wheels. It is a driving school car and I have already had a couple of grazes which I have got out with abrasive paper, the fine wet or dry paper with T-Cut. I feel I am on borrowed time though and dread my nearside wheels getting trashed on the kerb. I was thinking of getting a set of white Alloygators but am not sure what they will look like and if they will stay on (though I guess they should if I fit them properly).

Any thoughts or experience of these on the DS3 Bellone wheels please?? Many thanks

Originally posted by Johniboi View Post
    Have any of you guys bought Alloygators for your wheels yet? There have been a couple of threads on here about people intending to get them but I haven't seen any comments since.

Mine is a White edition with black Bellone wheels. It is a driving school car and I have already had a couple of grazes which I have got out with abrasive paper, the fine wet or dry paper with T-Cut. I feel I am on borrowed time though and dread my nearside wheels getting trashed on the kerb. I was thinking of getting a set of white Alloygators but am not sure what they will look like and if they will stay on (though I guess they should if I fit them properly).

Any thoughts or experience of these on the DS3 Bellone wheels please?? Many thanks

I still think there will be too much going on if you have them with the chrome. i think black ones would look good/unnoticable

in a few months imma paint my wheels black and get them so you can give that a thought if your want ;P
    sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
    Third time around.
    Work in Progress

Comment

Hmmm thanks for that. I know what you mean about too much going on - they might look a bit OTT but maybe white ones wouldn't look too much brighter than the polished alloy?

But then I agree the black ones should look more unobtrusive, although they will probably cover up the silver rim edge of the wheel.

Wish I could see some pics of them on a DS3, but maybe I will wish in vain...

Comment

http://youtu.be/pDoqwkld6jU
        This would scare me too much :s

Comment

yip....nooooo way id hammer a piece of plastic onto my wheels between the rim and tyre....id require underwear replacement afterwards :x

Comment

Yea, must admit,it looks like a balancing act between two evils, which is worst? Lol.
            June 2011 - Present: Citroen DS3 D Style+ 1.6 120 (11) 3dr - Belle Ile Blue/Onyx Black
            September 2009 - June 2011: Citroen C1 1.0 VTR (59) 3dr - Black
            March 2007 - September 2009: Citroen C1 1.0 Rhythm (07) 3dr - Sunshine Yellow
            June 2006 - March 2007: Citroen Saxo 1.1i SX (99) 3dr - Black

Comment

I was worried when the misses said she can't wait till I get my Racing so she can borrow it now an then an was having nightmares of her parking and doing the wheels in. This could be the answer.

Comment

found this on the jaguar forum. rather informative. im thinking of the white ones on my wheels.

So, I've spent hours over a hot tyre fitter getting the facts for everybody. Its ok, don't applaud, its all in a days work.....''

Anyway, in the interest of science and removing bullsh*t, I had all the wheels taken off the vehicle, which is unnecessary, but thought I would check if it messed with the before fitting and after fitting balancing, which it doesn't seem to have done.

The material used is a hard plastic, which once in place on the wheel is not going anywhere, however, you have to be spot on when cutting the correct length, if its just a fraction too long it causes a bulge in the protector......which if you cut short obviously won't be a problem but looks unsightly and I assume the gap will trap dirt.

We used cutters to get to nearly the correct length then a Stanley knife (cuts the plastic without a problem) for the fine tuning.

You simply tap the protection strip onto the wheel, it really is just a soft tap, nothing macho needed for a solid fit. ''

Blow the tyre up and here's the best bit, if you have already damaged the rims, it covers up the unsightly marks, assuming they're on the outer edge.

For the money (I trust Alloy Gator are going to give us a 'club' discount) they're an excellent way of getting rid of unsightly 'my wife did it, honestly' blemishes and giving future 'kerb' protection.

If they get damaged, simply buy more.........its a lot cheaper than a new rim/tyre.

Visually, if you didn't know what you were looking for, assuming you buy them in black and not some gang colour, you would be hard pressed to know they were there.

So, seems to do exactly what's written on the tin..........for the investment its a huge saving on damaging a rim and I don't really see a down side! ''

If you replace tyres, I assume you can re-use the protector, but again for the money, why not buy a fresh set so you have always got a spare?

Hope that helps............enough of the applause, take the rest of the day off!''
                “In less enlightened times, the best way to impress women was to own a hot car. But women wised up and realized it was better to buy their own hot cars so they wouldn't have to ride around with jerks.” - Scott Adams

Comment

Working...
                X