easy horns!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easy horns!!

ok. i know a simlar post has been on here. but been a lass with just a few skills under the bonnet. i want a better horn on my DS3. but i just wana swap it for whats in already, no major work to be done. is there some i can fit for myself? give me some ideas guys.
    “In less enlightened times, the best way to impress women was to own a hot car. But women wised up and realized it was better to buy their own hot cars so they wouldn't have to ride around with jerks.” - Scott Adams

Scarey, find the horn which should have two wires, a postive and a neutral. In my experience, the will have a male and female spade connector (very cosy and non sexual). These can be of various sizes so make sure the new horn fits the connectors then you will not have to mess about. Remove old hooter, fit new and re-attach wires. The should be a very easy job, at least it was when I last did it. If there are any complex technical issues, I am sure one of the bods on here will put you right.

Comment

Dixie horns

Comment

Train Horn !

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
          Train Horn !
          Haha there was a Cabby with a RS Turbo conversion with one of theses the compressor was the whole boot!!!

Comment

Have a look at the motrax ones. Easy enough to splice the wire and connect two of the snail horns they do. If you're just looking for a straight swap then you can simply used one.
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

How does tbe standard DS3 horn sound anyway is it a little camp or something?

Comment

Hi. arent the Dixie horns musical (dukes of hazzard )? iv just looked on the web at those Motrax ones, they seem good, but only talks about them on bikes. I know on a c3 you've gota drop the front bumper to get to the horn. is that the same on the ds3? im thinking knackered French manicure if it is!
                “In less enlightened times, the best way to impress women was to own a hot car. But women wised up and realized it was better to buy their own hot cars so they wouldn't have to ride around with jerks.” - Scott Adams

Comment

I to wanna change the horn, my problem is just, how to get to it easy ??
                  Do i have to take of my wheel and the plastic screen inside the wheelbox ??

Seems like the only way to get to the horn :s

Comment

There are some here....
                    http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/Horns.html
                    not sure if they are suitable though!?

Comment

I'm currently swapping out my horn at the moment.

Front bumped needs to be taken off in order to get to it.

Get me on facebook or find me on another forum and I'll post the guide up once I'm finished.
                      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                      X