Carmen red vinyl wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carmen red vinyl wrap

I'm looking to buy some wrapping vinyl in Carmen red (or as near as poss). Anyone bought any? The trouble with looking online is that it's hard to get a colour match. Any arty types hazard a guess for a pantone number?

your best of going to a custom graphics company. zack is doing a similar thing but hes changing the colour of the roof as well to match.

Comment

Originally posted by telephoneman View Post
      Any arty types hazard a guess for a pantone number?
      How about 7421C

or 188C

Even this looks different to:

Hard to see on here. But I used your dash photo and one of Zacks shoots with the roof in a good light and most paint sucked up in Photoshop came out as 188C

Always hard to pick a colour online/on a PC that looks like you see in the flesh (car)
      Last edited by WTF; 05-07-2011, 21:54.
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

What to do is pop into your dealer and ask if you could borrow the colour card for Carmen red as it is sprayed with the paint, that way your vinyl company can do a scan and colour match it. This of course does depends on how well you get on with your dealer!

...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
          What to do is pop into your dealer and ask if you could borrow the colour card for Carmen red as it is sprayed with the paint, that way your vinyl company can do a scan and colour match it. This of course does depends on how well you get on with your dealer!

I don't really have much of a relationship with them. Not for any bad reason, just that I bought the car from stock and haven't had any problems so no reason to talk to them. I'll try it though!

Joni, thanks - 7421C looks close but it's harder to get an exact match than a layman (like me) would guess. A company sent me an envelope full of swatches of all their reds and none matched! If I can get it pretty close I'm going to do the baguettes but if I can get it spot on I'd like to also do a couple of panels in the interior (e.g. door handle surrounds) to match the Carmen dash kit that I've got.

Comment

I wouldn't go on what looks close on an uncalibrated PC monitor as it's very unlikely to be true to the actual colour. You really need to get a reference sample from Citroen I would have thought.

Comment

Not A Fan Of The Carmen As It's Too Dark... Im Changing Alll The Carmen On My Car To My Own Custom Red xD

Comment

Working...
              X