Lease car modifications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lease car modifications?

Anybody who is on a finance / lease arrangement like elect 3 made any modifications to their car or know of the limitations?

I don't know what I will be able to do to my car when i get it but I am quite keen to change the bulbs to brighter ones like the LED daylight running lights and add mudflaps and maybe some other minor changes.

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

C
    Black on Black 150 THP Dsport Plus

I think you would be ok with the bulbs, the mudflaps you could always remove before the car is returned, the same goes for any other mods you wish to do.

Hope this helps

Graham
    Polar White DS Sport Plus 150 THP

Comment

I have fitted brighter bulbs to my leased 110 HDI DSport which has been in for service twice since fitting without any comments, anything else might raise some eyebrows.

Comment

Originally posted by ds3mik View Post
        I have fitted brighter bulbs to my leased 110 HDI DSport which has been in for service twice since fitting without any comments, anything else might raise some eyebrows.
        Which bulbs did you use may I ask?

Thats really the main change I want to make to begin with. I may look to doing easily reversable changes later on but I don't want to invalidate my warranty or anything just by doing a minor change.
        Black on Black 150 THP Dsport Plus

Comment

They Shouldnt Pick Up On Anything Minor,

As Graham Said You Could Always Remove Things !

Comment

Take a look at your T&C's for your agreement, it will clearly state what is considered acceptable.

Bare in mind that normally the only time the Finance company sees your car is when it is returned.
            Last edited by Bigfeet; 01-08-2011, 11:12.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I'm in the same situation as callum, my 110 HDi DSport is on hire-purchase via a scheme at work - what about things like a new air filter or a remap (when available) or even painting the calipers?

Comment

Originally posted by Maltbyite View Post
                I'm in the same situation as callum, my 110 HDi DSport is on hire-purchase via a scheme at work - what about things like a new air filter or a remap (when available) or even painting the calipers?
                well an airfilter can be taken out again... and remap can be reset.

so anythign reversable.

altho the mudflaps will leave holes on the body on the front wheel arch
                sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                Third time around.
                Work in Progress

Comment

Guys, guys, guys..... The only issue you are going to have when modifying your DS3's is either you default on your agreement and have the car removed and you may have to pay to cover costs lost at resale, when you hand the car back at the end of your PCP or lease because again the car was modified beyond what Citroen will accept and the last one is when you come to Part Exchange. There is nothing a dealer hates more than a modified car! Sorry just speaking from experience within the trade, when you paint brakes and change things you are personalizing the car to your tastes which narrow the appeal of re-sale at the other end.

Comment

My Clio 200 was on a HP, and i wrapped the roof

At the end of the term who hands them back anyway?! I had my 200 6 months then traded it, and ill prolly do the same with the DS
                    63 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi S Line
                    X Sunflower Yellow Clio 172
                    12 Audi A1 2.0 TDi Black Edition
                    61 DS3 DSport Plus THP
                    60 RenaultSport Clio CUP 200
                    02 RenaultSport Clio 172
                    04 RenaultSport Clio 182
                    51 RenaultSport Clio 172

Comment

Well the way the DS is losing money most people on here with Elect3 with have to opt for hand back as the true value will be below the GFV.

Chopping and changing HP's every 6 months is an expensive way to buy cars my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                        k as the true value will be below the GFV.
                        as with all citroens.
                        sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                        Third time around.
                        Work in Progress

Comment

If you're just swapping bulbs in headlights that should be fine as long as they're standard road-legal fitments. Surely the dealer can't say anything about that. I need to get some Philips X-tremeVision bulbs and BlueVision sidelights to get rid of the horrible yellow standard ones. Related point...I don't think there's any need for the separate sidelight bulbs cos the DRLs should really make them redundant.

Originally posted by Rickzayne View Post
                          as with all citroens.
                          To buy my C2 at the end of its 3 years would've been £4500. Went for the DS3 then saw my C2 on the forecourt a few days later for £6500.
                          May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                          October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                          Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Working...
                          X