Intake Air Temperature Experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
    I've placed my air horn on the opposite side (behind the DRL's on the passenger side) and can confirm that moisture from the road isn't an issue.
    Cool, sounds like that area is a safe bet then for the intake.

Originally posted by Eagle View Post
    The one that forge is using has a long intake pipe,and the airfilter is far away from the inlet manifold, I think this can some lag in the throttle response-/power ? I had this issue with my previous car (suzuki swift sport),had installed a trust-greddy cold air intake with a long intake pipe,the filter was at the far end (similar to the forge) and when i was pressing the throttle pedal all the way to the floor there was a bit of delay-hesitation for the revs to go up. I don't know if with the ds3 thp will be better?

Also another alternative option but a bit pricey would be the intercooler from forge and a panel filter, i think this would give some significant power and keep the air intake temperatures low
    If you look at the path the existing intake tubing takes I don't think the Forge one would be any longer. The current one goes from the front to the back, through the air filter and back again.

Does anyone know if the Forge kit fits the DS3 straight, I would imagine there's a bit of difference between the Pug 207 shown and our DS3's.

Stef
    2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

I was talking about the pipes, the original set up has long intake tubes -pipes but they end up in the airfilter and from the airfilter through the inlet is not a long way. The forge one has the airfilter at the end of the pipe so the air has to travel all the way up through the pipe and then to the inlet of the engine. I don't know if this is an issue with the ds3 though. As for the 207 intake i 've emailed forge and they replied to me saying that some minor adjustments and modifications will be necessary to fit this intake to the ds3,however there is one specific for the DS3 coming out just after summer

Comment

Ah, of course, I see what you mean now.

I think for the moment I'll stick with the K&N panel filter, certainly until the dealer and Citroen have sorted my running issues out!

Stef

Comment

whats up with it mate??????????

Comment

Doesn't like cold mornings pulling away and very hesitant when you're doing about 70MPH and go to accelerate. Apparently it's got quite a few error codes showing and the dealer isn't sure how to fix them so they need to get Citroen involved next week.

Stef

Comment

That doesn't sound good mate. I would assume this is only an isolated incident. Would be good to hear what the dealers come back with.

Comment

Let us know what they sort out. mine seems ok for now. !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                  Doesn't like cold mornings pulling away and very hesitant when you're doing about 70MPH and go to accelerate. Apparently it's got quite a few error codes showing and the dealer isn't sure how to fix them so they need to get Citroen involved next week.

Stef

Can't say that I've experienced that, I haven't driven her on many cold mornings but the few that I have she's behaved OK. Do you park in a garage overnight or outside, just asking as mine is parked in an underground car park. Does the problem go away before the end of your journey? When you say cold have you made a note of the outside air temp when the problem occurs?
                  DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

The car is on my drive overnight, when I say cold start, it's generally anytime when it's been stood over night with air temps anything up to 16C but it also has it's moments when normal temp is reached and I'm driving on the motorway. I thought originally it was because I live on a hill so when I back out of the drive I'm facing up hill, when I go to pull away it's almost like no fuel is getting through and it makes quite a racket from somewhere, but then it also does it on a flat too, just nothing there as you pull away, you have to back off the throttle and keep trying.

Apparently a few sensors on the engine are throwing codes.

I'll keep you updated with the progress, it's going in on Saturday and they need it until at least Wednesday next week.

Stef

Comment

Working...
                    X