Jimbobs 99g is now re-mapped!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimbobs 99g is now re-mapped!

Now that I've paid the extra insurance (conscience got the better of me!) I can admit to a re-map!
    Really enjoying the extra power and torque (= smoothness) but surprised to see I am polluting a lot less too and getting more mpg!

My 99g is now my 57g - the taxman should be paying me!

http://www.flashremapping.co.uk/gree...rom-greenland/

Jimbob

Interesting....

What bhp is it now? How does it drive? How much has the mpg improved? How has the new emissions been calculated?

Since we met up ages ago, mine has had 2 clutches, 2 flywheels, 2 release bearings and a new set of engine mounts. Still, it knocks and thuds everytime I change gear, still it jerks each time I go on/off the accelerator. But with free road tax and regularly getting 68mpg+ I have stuck with it...for now!

If it was driving well, I would be going for a remap too.

Comment

Hi Elrey

Been following your saga with gritted teeth - god you must be angry!

Initially I got 108BHP or thereabouts (there is a map of HP and Torque on the article) but more has come since. Difference is amazing - smoother and faster with no more of those low rev grunts.
      Hope you finally get yours sorted and if you want to meet to test mine again let me know. By the way - how the hell do you get 68mpg??? Since the re-map I have gone from low 50's to high 50's - must be my driving

The new emissions were calculated using the same eqpt as MOT stations used.

Jimbob

Comment

Yes, meeting up again would be good. I'd like you to have a drive of mine to see what you think about the knocking/jerking and how the gearbox feels etc. I'd like to have a little go in your's to experience what the remap feels like.

I don't have a particularly heavy right foot. I do 70-75 on motorways etc, and generally do gear changes when the indicator says so, although sometimes I think it asks for a change a bit too soon. The lowest I've ever got on a typical work journey is 62mpg, the highest is 78mpg...that's with lighter traffic when kids are off school etc etc. Average is around 68mpg. It generally seems to have improved since around 10,000 miles.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Remap with your winnings Jim (quick post your on666)

Comment

Those winnings are long gone

Jimbob

Comment

Jimbob, what did it cost? Does the stop start still work ok?

Comment

Stop Start Shouldn't Be Affected...

Comment

Like mine, Jimbob's is a 99g. It doesn't have stop/start.

Comment

Working...
                    X