anyone help the lads at flash remapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone help the lads at flash remapping

just returned home from F.R at bromsgrove unfortunately they werent able to do my 110hdi dsport because the microprocessor in mine is 1796 and the tool apparently only supports 1797 microprocessor this seems to point to one or two variables either mine has a rogue microprocessor in or those froggies have been putting the 1796 microprocessor in the uk(righthand drive models) and in turn putting the1797 microprocessor in the left hand drive models??????as dstrois states mmracing have successfully remapped his car would be interested to hear from dstrois as to when he recieved his car from citroen as mine is only 4 months old and was factory build not one from the pool .so say it was built 5 months ago,so either ive got an old ecu which they found in the back of the cupboard or the froggies have shafted us uk owners again(no heated seat option) and old microprocessor.

so the reason im asking to see if you can help the lads out is all you 110hdi owners if its in your capability to have a look at your ecus and tell flash remapping what microprocessor you have in them dont know if the lads at flash remapping can put a how to of how to gain access to the ecu up on the site,this would not only help them but also help all of us who want remapps or perhaps bigfeet or some else who works for citroen can do a bit of research and come up with some info about the ecus/the only other way is for half a dozen 110hdi owner to go to bromsgrove and let the lads have a look at there ecus i know this isnt very practical and may seem amateurish but believe me after going to there unit today and seeing there setup these guy are far from amateurs and if they can build abit of a data base of what ecus they are dealing with they can then get on to whoever makes remap hardware and say look weve got 100 or so uk customers who have the 1796 microprocessor in the cars so get your shit together and get a tool made that can remapp this microprocessor ,so this is a call to arms if your interested in getting your car remapped givehalf an hour of your time to get the info of your ecus and lets get this motherfucker cracked............and after writing all this the chances are i am probably the the only person in the country with a 1796 microprocessor in there car

Maybe you can ask this guy in France which ECU they have?!

http://vone.pro-forum.fr/
    DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

This may sound very silly BUT at what point in the remapping process did Viezu (the actual company @ Bromsgrove) discover what microprocessor is fitted to your ECU?
      Did they find out as soon as the ECU was removed, ie was the info on the labels, or did they only find out when they tried to read the data with the ECU opened up and on the bench?

Comment

Originally posted by John S View Post
        This may sound very silly BUT at what point in the remapping process did Viezu (the actual company @ Bromsgrove) discover what microprocessor is fitted to your ECU?
        Did they find out as soon as the ECU was removed, ie was the info on the labels, or did they only find out when they tried to read the data with the ECU opened up and on the bench?
        Hi John there are some stickers on the outside of the ecu - these may tell us what processor is inside but it doesnt actually say on teh labels 1796 or 1797

Simons ecu also had 1796 but this is older than willos

I have emailed the two companies who claim to have this sorted the one in Slovakia ( guy on holiday till tuesday ) and the French who have not replied in 24 hours ( although i did write in English)

I would not reccomend any of you opening the ecu to read the numbers on the processor as they are stuck down and 1 slip will cost you a fortune
        But the ecu comes out easily enough - if anyone is game to remove the ecu and get the numbers from the stickers on both sides of the ecu - we can then see if there are any differences between them

Dave

p.s. we did not get to the point of trying to read Willos ecu - once it was opened we could immediately see there are differences on the board - there are 3 boot pins and 1 cnd1 pin to connect to on 1797 versions that simply were not there on this ecu - and no we are not going to start randomly soldering to a board in teh hope of striking lucky

Comment

Originally posted by FlashRemapping View Post
          I would not reccomend any of you opening the ecu to read the numbers on the processor as they are stuck down and 1 slip will cost you a fortune
          Scariest Moment Of My Life When I Dropped It On My Battery :L

Comment

this took all of 20 minsClick image for larger version

Name:	ecu location.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	353373Click image for larger version

Name:	18082011175.jpg
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	353374Click image for larger version

Name:	18082011173(1).jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	353375Click image for larger version

Name:	clips.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	353376Click image for larger version

Name:	18082011194(1).jpg
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	353377

Comment

bump

Comment

Hi Willo,

We've done both these types already. The 1796 tricore processor as a little more tricky than the 1797 but we can do it no problem.

Jamie.

---
                -
                www.SPTuning.co.uk
                White on red THP
                Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

hi jamie do you have confirmed results?cheers john

Comment

We've not tested this car on the dyno, we have another coming in next week hopefully, which will go on the rollers. I can say the difference on the road is very noticeable, would imagine it pulled near 140hp and loads more torque. We don't want to push these too hard, as not cause premature DPF issues...

---
                    -
                    www.SPTuning.co.uk
                    White on red THP
                    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Hi Sp

I presume you are using cmd tri-core to do teh 1796 processor types ?

spent ages looking to find who supported this

Dave

Comment

You should of just pm'd me...I am not the enemy lol
                        Yes, I use CMD for cars with protected Irom/Xrom's....

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                        White on red THP

Comment

cheers Jamie

Never suggested you were enemy lol

Have many good releationships with otehr tuners even when they are on my patch in the south east - theres plenty of work for us all out there

have the pin layout now so guess will ask Aientec to take another look as I have tri-core lead for the v2 but my cmd is just flash/bdm would need the tri-core lead for that ( more expense )

Dave

Comment

may i make a suggestion i may be speaking out of turn but would it not be beneficial for you lads to pool your resources as im sure between the two of you ,that you must have the leads or tools to remap just about any car as i assume dave has leads or tool (or whatever you lads use)that jamie hasnt got and vice versa as i imagine these tools are very expensive to buy and may not be cost effective to buy if your only doing so many cars so maybe sharing or hiring each others tool could be financially beneficial to both of you as your only 1 hour away from each other or 1/2 if you meet half way............just a thought

Comment

At over £10,000 for just one of my tools it stays with me....the tools software licensing probably wouldn't allow it either.
                              If Dave needs me to flash an ecu for him then that's possible

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                              White on red THP

Comment

Working...
                              X