Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowering and racing alloys and bodykit

my sister has just brought a Ds3 1.6 dsyle +
    and was wondering what the best lowering options are and if you can buy the ds3 racing alloy wheels direct from citroen?

For the racing alloys you need to speak to John Nicol (http://ds3club.co.uk/member.php?320-John-Nicol) I believe they are £1923.69 but he can do them for £1422.78 then postage is around £100. Thats without bolts and centre caps. But double check with John because that was when I asked a few months back.
    You can use lowering springs but coilovers are better. Zack will know which ones and where.
    DS3 120VTi Black + White

Comment

Coil overs Are Better As They Can Be Adjusted,

Search eBay For Springs If Your Just After Them,

Comment

wow thats some price for alloys!

Comment

I have a set of Eibach springs fitted to the car which lower it by 25mm at the front and 10mm at the back. Gives the car a nice nose down look so will allow me to add 18" fronts and possibly 19" rears as I have taken my insperation from the old skool American drag racers of the early 50's. Before you ask Zack, much as I would like to remove the hood and front fenders its a tad illegal over here. Oh and fitting a small block V8 will not work either. Believe my I have though about it!!! However back to day to day driving and I can say that the car is much sharper in its handling but more importantly the ride quality is, unless driven over seriously bad roads pretty much as standard whilst providing a better handling when pushed through the twisties. Oh and much cheaper than full coilovers. What it comes down to is do you intend to use the car for track days in which case the more extreme option of adjustable suspension would be the best way to go. However for day to day use I know from experience that track suspension does not work on the road. I can recommend a great chiropracter if you decide on the track setup

Comment

Oh and as its you first post welcome to the madhouse that is the DS3 club. I have absolutely no doubt that my opinion will be shot down from various angles but that is the great thing about this forum, everyone has had their own experiences and opinions. just look at the total variation in the customisation of our cars. Find your own unique style a stick with, everyone on this forum will help you and advise you where we can.

Comment

you cant really go wrong with eibach's on most makes from my experience so will probs go for them...

is it springs all round on the ds3 then? not that silly torsion bar then?...
              starts taking me back to my axgt days...

Comment

It is springs all round though as I havent fitted them myself I cannot vouch for the rear suspension. Frankly I have given up on worrying about the technical stuff and let my tuning guys deal with it. Far as Im concerned my ethos now is "I will pay and you will improve"! Unfortunately unlike my early days up in Glasgow I dont have the garage facilities anymore to get my own hands dirty even though I still miss that part of customisation. The AX GT? Brings back many happy memories, wish I still had that little beastie. A cracking little hot hatch!

Comment

It's Springs All Round But There's Still A Torsion Bar Present At The Rear...

You Can't Miss The Effing Thing !

Comment

If you want the same looks for the DS3R rims but want to have another colour, search for the DS5 18" Canaveral alloys
                    They cost you about 280 euro per piece in Holland (About 240 pound)

DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

fabian,
                      Ive searched high and low and cant find them anywhere

Comment

DS4 Wheels They Are

Comment

18" Canaveral - DS5
                          http://www.accessoires-citroen-lorie...troen-ds5.html

18" Brisbane - DS4
                          http://www.accessoires-citroen-lorie...ne-18-ds4.html
                          DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

I find these too, and Im interested in buy for my white DS3, but now the problem is I read this: http://www.ds3spirit.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3534, I dont understand very much the french, but I think they say the DS4 wheels are not compatible with the DS3, they say the ET is not the same, so maybe for these DS5 wheels he have the same problem I think, what I dont understand is why DS3 racing wheels are more expensive, its only the colour that change. If anyone here that understand better of wheels please say something about this and if ill be possible fit this wheels to a standard DS3.

Sorry my poor english

Comment

Nothing Some Spacers Can't Fix

Comment

Working...
                              X